ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those who worry...

133/225/CLS AMG
...about there cars being ragged in a dealership.

I've seen a few people comment in the past that they're worried their cars have been ragged when left at the dealers because the trip computer indicates a really low MPG read out.

Well my Megane 225 went in yesterday for a service and when I left it, it was showing about 30mpg and had 3,037 miles on it.

Well when I picked it up it was showing 3.7mpg but still had 3,037 miles on it, must have just been left stood running but goes to show they don't always take your car on a joy ride!

Bit of a pointless thread but just thought I'd say!!

133/225/CLS AMG
You synical little sausage!!

The petrol gauge was the same as well, but then again if its a conspiracy they could have topped that up too haha.

To get my car down to 3.8mpg would require track driving, even with a bit of heavy footedness my car doesn't go below 19mpg.

When I picked mine up on Saturday it was showing 8mpg. I put it down to being stood about running.

It's back in atm, and it was on 34mpg when I left it, so will see when I pick it up. To be honest, as long as their not hitting it off the limiter and wheel spinning, I'm not too fussed, nothing I wouldn't be doing.

Suzuki Swift Sport
When i had the mini, i went to pick it up, and they insisted on driving it to the front of the showroom... the mechanic didnt realise i was stood there and he ragged it from cold - I wasnt impressed!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When i had the mini, i went to pick it up, and they insisted on driving it to the front of the showroom... the mechanic didnt realise i was stood there and he ragged it from cold - I wasnt impressed!

Did you kick off? I would have wanted money off or refused to pay for the service, or at very least take another car for a test drive and rag the living s**t out of it.

133/225/CLS AMG
I think he meant the trip computer, I had thought it wouldn't be worth their while to rest the odometer as well though!! lol