ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those with aftermarket seats

Clio 172
Go to a Renault dealer who has a CLIP system. They can plug in to your car and tell it that you don't have a particular airbag.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Where can I buy the air bag resistor kit and how much will it cost?
Thanks

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
There 9p from Maplins stores

Theres a guide on CS telling you how to sort the light problems out using the resistors.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The driver and passenger airbags will work, but as the side ones are now no longer there it would cause the light to come on, disabling them all (I believe).

If you know exactly what to get, you can just buy the resistors from Maplins as Has says.

The Recaro kit is available from their dealers, try http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/ It is pretty steep at £20 odd per side though, largely due to being TUV approved (a strict German safety standard). However, it does come with all the connectors, crimp terminals and is fitted in such a way that the original airbag seats can just be plugged back in with no soldering or anything required.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Can someone provide the exact link to the resistors, I couldnt find where the resistors were on the website

ive just taken mine in for 24k service and asked then to changes the airbags setting to a trophy model on the clip system. and they said fine, wont chanrge me as it gets plugged in anyway to the system.

this is for when my recaros arrive, plus know i know i can remove the old seats with out doing a bit of bomb disposal. lol