ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Focus RS or n...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Oh without a doubt but hes proberly spent a LOT. I like economical reps but i know theres a big haterid for reps on this forum.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seen it on ebay a while back, decent rep.

Clio RS 182
it would be w**k when someone in a decent (power-wise) car pulls up at the side of you and you dont have the power to back up the looks. Then they wind the window down to realise it sounds like a tractor.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looks good! But you can get a real one for 5k more.

Clio RSI 1.6
Why waste the money making a rep, save the money and buy the real thing rather than wasting time/money/effort.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
there yar' roy you need one of them, will save you a bomb on fuel and you can still look cool ;)

Not interested in looking cool. The real car is the best all-round hot hatch currently in the world. That's enough for me.

williams 2,seat leon
impressice, but why pay for a focus rs thats a diesel. its like a "look at me, flash car but tight"

I really would like to know how they did the rear arches. The RS rear quarters are bespoke panels. Not bolt-ons. SRS filler? Cutting?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well they might have been cut n welded, chris peacock's mk5 wide arch golf was cut n weld

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
what engine is in it, better be the 2.0tdci, the 1.6 would be tragic, never understood why for didnt nick the D5 engine from volvo c30/s40/v50/c70 and whack it in an ST focus body, would have been a brilliant car, and very lucrative, look at how popular the st155 mondeos are.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Half decent effort to be fair.Not something i'd ever drive ,but can imagine it appealing to the southern council estates a lot...

Turbos.
What would concern me is doing a replica would be so expensive, that it wouldn't be worth it. In that case, the guy must have cut corners somewhere, surely...

It looks great, but then it looks like an RS!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I really would like to know how they did the rear arches. The RS rear quarters are bespoke panels. Not bolt-ons. SRS filler? Cutting?

Drill the old welds off and replace the entire panel, if it's a good job.

If it's a bodged job, they'll just cut the panel, weld it in, grind it flat then add filler.

LOL replacing an entire bodyside panel like that is a MAAAAAAAAAAASSSSIVE job. Drilling spots out through multiple thicknesses of multiple structures. If my car had to have that kind of work done, I'd throw it in a quarry. I'd rather have Megane 250 style arches glued on ;)

It also completely forgets the heart of the RS - that EPIC f**king engine :approve:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'd assume that its been stuck in a hedge, then built back up as a rep using eBay/stolen parts lol .... no one in their right mind would spend that much money on a minter ...

Probably owes the guys about £5k, but he's seeing if anyone bites ;)

Oh defo stolen parts. No question about that. Lots of Focus RS crime about at the moment. Owners are getting tugged by old bill all the time, myself included. In fact my Dad had his house broken into the other week, while my RS was on his drive. He was there too! Insurance premiums on these are going to start getting silly, which I suppose neatly leads us to a replica not being entirely pointless, if all you want to do is look cool of course. Imagine breaking into his house, stealing the keys, jumping in, and firing up a f**king diesel. You'd be GUTTED. PMSL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL replacing an entire bodyside panel like that is a MAAAAAAAAAAASSSSIVE job. Drilling spots out through multiple thicknesses of multiple structures. If my car had to have that kind of work done, I'd throw it in a quarry. I'd rather have Megane 250 style arches glued on ;)

It also completely forgets the heart of the RS - that EPIC f**king engine :approve:

Where did I say it's a massive job? I said if they've done it properly, that's how it should be done. :S

I didn't say you said anything. I'd get out the other side tomorrow ;)

I'm just saying that would be MAJOR invasive surgery on a car. I construct them for a living, so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about. I would never own a car that had that done to it. It shouldn't be done at all, never mind that being how it should be done. Just no.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather have 18 inches of filler on my car before I started taking panels off.

People don't realise how detrimental fitting something like a quarter panel to a car is. I know because i've done it.... it's not nice or pretty no matter how good the workshop is.

Roy what about all ze torquessssss from the diesel, reversing planet cycles ...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lol at the hate, i understand why people moan about reps but tbh if you just like the looks i think its fine on something cheap like a clio etc but something where the panels are over priced is pointless. As for people going on about "oh its gonna be funny when someone trys to race them", sometimes people dont give two s***s i for one like the clio sport kit because it looks a damn sight better than a standard kit not because it looks quick :/

You might hate it if it was your RS that was stolen for the parts. No way did the owner buy all that. Not on your nelly. Be cheaper to buy an RS and put a diesel engine in it.