ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Poster.... opions please!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
JJ! said:
Its not a design role as such.. its coming up with design ideas for people, the actual artwork will not by done by me, but another seperate department... hence the attention to detail is not an issue as the posters are just my ideas put briefly in to photoshop.. if that makes sense!!!

In which case should you not be using your own ideas rather than somebody elses?!! (the drive of your life) :S

Crazy Clio said:
Would personally word the text diferently:

and the death of one of the worlds most endangered species.
Help Save the Rhino.

Personally, I find that reads much better, and you have correct punctuation (Capital letters and full stops) I believe full stops are an excellent tool to use when attempting to get a specific, simple point across, which of course is what you are trying to do.

I'd also use a different font on the ST poster (I do get mixed up, but you have used a san serif when a serif would have looked better, IT may be the other way round) I'd also use thicker, bolder text.

This is only constructive criticism

Just my 2 cents

cheers matey - changed the fullstops etc on the rhino!

Clio 172 mk2
DrRollo said:
Isn't drive of your life the pug slogan though, overwise think it looks cool :)

Yeah

'Driven by You' was the Ford slogan (the advert featuring Brian May)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
JJ! said:
all wrong and not what i was trying to do - i saw that pic on google.

prefer my font too! but all entitled to our own opinions!!

then i dont understand what you are trying to acheve, theres nothing new or original about either of them, yours looks very dull if anything.

Harry_manback said:
then i dont understand what you are trying to acheve, theres nothing new or original about either of them, yours looks very dull if anything.

thats your opinion, so fair play.

RS Megane DCi 175
I think it's a good starting point for an idea JJ.
But depending on your client (and their budget) you'd be better to get your own professional photo shoot of the car to your own specification, angle, lighting, surroundings etc etc.

And to be perfectly honest - all the fonts I've seen (including Harry's) suck! But then it depends how far JJ develops the idea before his 'designer' takes over. Typography can make or break something like this - and correct grammar is vital!

(Don't mean to rant JJ - I did this for a living even lectured on it too and struggle not to go off on one :D )

Last edited:
  MK2 PH2 & E46 330
for a presentation its not needing to be perfect. I think the picture you chose is important... afterall you want to reflect on the fact the car is orange not black.. rather than a nice scenery picture like some other suggested.

so having the orange standing out on a black background works best.

the only criticism id give you really is to make it more simple. theres too much goin on in the picture. try making more space.

stick to the old less is more

keep the font size of the quotation, and how times have changed rougly the same... but make the other stuff smaller, thats not the important text, the important text is your slogan!

as for the rhino thing, i like the fact you've just used the red in there. id fiddle about with the contrast etc. on photoshop a bit to make the rhino picture a wee bit more dramatic though. darker probably, itll make the whole thing seem all sad.. and the red will defo. stand out.

hope this helps :)

Thanks for eveyones feedback!!! will be choping and changing things over the weekend so the final products will be different from my first mock ups!

Iceberg 172
although its clear your not going for a strictly design role i think you still need to spend more time on composition etc. The layouts are uninspiring and i think there is far too much text for the image. The ford one could work if there was more thought into the position of text and imagery. Think about where the eye is drawn to in an image and where you want the viewer to look or follow. Also, dont fall into the trap of thinking you should show the full view of the featured object. On occasion you can achieve a much greater impact with an off centre closeup etc.

In short... If you want to be an ideas man you still need to understand design.

Abarth 500
Its all wrong, i have my own design agency and we do mocks up initally before doing the proper artwork, but they have to be PERFECT!, clients are 99% dumb and if u show them somthing like that they cant imagine how it will look like after a designer has artworked it, so u gotta put the time in. If wanna use that font for the quote ok, but change it for the bottom one to a sans-serif, also the black aint in at the moment. Need to track the first quotation mark aswell, bottom text is to close to the edge, plus to many font sizes, stick to 2, image is boring in the middle, change the dimensions of the ad, stick a section of the car in or somthing....i dunno im all worked out today :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
I like the poster, although don't think you need "How times have changed". The irony of it is enough to get through to the consumer IMO.

Lionel Richie
yeah i'd just leave it at "The Ford Model T, available in any colour you want, as long as its black"

even people who know f**k all about car history will get it