ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts - Opinions please.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Afternoon all. As I'm still currently failing to source a set of original engine mounts for my 182 Trophy ( the large upper mount has been on backorder with RPD since September last year - so I've given up hope of that ever materialising ), my thoughts have turned to using some aftermarket uprated mounts instead perhaps.

Is anyone able to give feedback/opinions on either the Vibratechnics vs the Evol Engineering mounts please? It would help me to make a decision which to go for.

Cheers! Ed.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I had the Vibratechnics on my old Ph1, that was pretty good. Did add some extra vibrations and "harshness" to the ride but that was a track car so I was never really bothered. Easy to fit and looked good.

In my new Ph1 I have the original mount with a Powerflex insert and that does the job - I wanted this Ph1 to be a lot more refined than my old one.

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
I have the Evol mounts.

As above, they are easy enough to fit and the quality seems good but in my experience they add a lot of vibration and noise.

I do have the stiffer version though and mine is basically track only at this stage.

It was certainly less harsh with the OEM Mounts with insert.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Vibratechnics are decent enough, and no real noticeable nvh if you use the top one and the top gearbox one, combined with a polybushed dogbone.

Febi prob do an oem style top mount. Failing that the kangoo one.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Are the Evol ones Poly or rubber? Obviously a rubber one will be a little less harsh than Poly. Some rubber mounts can loosen up slightly after a few miles as well.

KTR also do mounts, can't tell what the material is tho.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Go high quality pattern part like Febi etc. VT are okay but you will get a lot of additional NVH.
Some people say they have had no additional NVH, and that may be true. However, in my experience, every time I've used VT or similar on any vehicle, they're not a nice addition to a street car. I have them because they work at their intended function but I wouldn't recommend them to others without being open and honest first. Forget the EVOL too, they're solid and junk from what I've seen.