ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Poster.... opions please!

Have an interview coming up and this is one of my presentations... still tidying up the edges etc... honest opinions please....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Isn't drive of your life the pug slogan though, overwise think it looks cool :)

olliee said:
looks good, altho you might wanna sort the drivers side window :)

im trying.. but if i make it black i loose the fact that it looks like the windscreen if that makes sense!!

DrRollo said:
Isn't drive of your life the pug slogan though, overwise think it looks cool :)

I think so... but its just for show material!!

JJ! said:
im trying.. but if i make it black i loose the fact that it looks like the windscreen if that makes sense!!

yeah i get ya... hmmmmm... dunno wot ya ave to do to sort that :X

im pretty shat when it comes to photoshop :)

hehe yeah ive just this minute tried doin that, selectin the white bit and usin brightness/contrast...

originally i used clone tool :rasp:

but yeah that looks good! :)

RS Megane DCi 175
Try some different fonts on the Ford one mate - and try a soft gradient fill for the windows (white -> black) Nice idea - like it.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i think it would be worthwhile tidying the edges up on the whole car, and also changing the font. I dont think the font looks right.

other than that, pretty good mate!

Turbos.
What job are you going for?

The edges of the Focus are pretty poor, they need proper touching up.

The slogan is good, but if you're going for a design role i'd expect more effort.

Its not a design role as such.. its coming up with design ideas for people, the actual artwork will not by done by me, but another seperate department... hence the attention to detail is not an issue as the posters are just my ideas put briefly in to photoshop.. if that makes sense!!!

RS Megane DCi 175
Mock ups.

Sounds like an interesting job. I take it it's all advertising/graphics based?

They company deals with 2 types of clients, the first just want stuff printing... the 2nd want design and printing.

The job I am going for deals with the initial contact, finding out what the customer needs, making initial basic design ideas and keeping in touch with the client whilst they make any small or big changes. The final mock up (cheers Matt!) is then put forward for final design by qualified designer.. which is then sent to client and on teher approval is used!

tiTTy & SV650
aye would benefit from crisper edges around the car and the images and fonts, maybe just the format I see is poorer than the original though?

never read page 2 before posting this so fair enough, still would make a better impression if it looked better eh

Turbos.
IMO attention to detail is everything, even if it not strictly neccessary for it to look 'perfect,' do it anyway. You should always go for the wow factor...

im still learning very basics of photoshop TBH!! im not sure how i would sharpen the edges more! the original ford print is here if anyone knows how i can cut it out perfect to put on to a black background let me know!

Punto/Clio GTT
hmm it looks simple and doesnt really do anything for me

if i was driving passed a billboard with that on i wouldnt have a damn good look ya know..

RS Megane DCi 175
^^ I think the idea is quite strong too - could do with cutting down a bit tho I think so it's a bit more punchy for a billboard - it's a little wordy as it is right now.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Looks good,

Although Henry Ford never said you can have any colour you like, as long as its black.

It was avalible in many different colours

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
JJ! said:

Would personally word the text diferently:

and the death of one of the worlds most endangered species.
Help Save the Rhino.

Personally, I find that reads much better, and you have correct punctuation (Capital letters and full stops) I believe full stops are an excellent tool to use when attempting to get a specific, simple point across, which of course is what you are trying to do.

I'd also use a different font on the ST poster (I do get mixed up, but you have used a san serif when a serif would have looked better, IT may be the other way round) I'd also use thicker, bolder text.

This is only constructive criticism

Just my 2 cents

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Personally i find the ford one a bit pants, maybe too much black.
could do with a much closer view of the focus like a head light or something.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
what i meant to say was it was a bit plain,
i had ago, can i get a job
ha ha ha

ford.gif

Harry_manback said:
what i meant to say was it was a bit plain,
i had ago, can i get a job
ha ha ha

ford.gif

all wrong and not what i was trying to do - i saw that pic on google.

prefer my font too! but all entitled to our own opinions!!

Harry's font makes more sense, yours look out of place imo, but the one above looks old enough to show that Ford has heritage (along with the quote of course) whilst still looking stylish.

As you wanted honesty, I would say it could be much much better. Aside from the jaggies etc the layout isn't dynamic enough (especially the text) and is too cluttered if you are trying to achieve a minimalist look with the plain black background.