ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

formatting macbook again...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Ok... itunes won't load at all for whatever reason. no idea why.

I have been trying to completely format my macbook as i reinstalled a fresh osx but itunes still woudn't work so i can only see a full re install of everything and remove everything may solve the problem.

I have my osx disc. I put it in the macbook but i never get the option to ''erase and install''

It just does a new install of osx but keeps all my files.

No idea what to do.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I just followed a youtube guide like this one :)

Last edited by a moderator:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You need to do a custom install, I can't remember off the top of my head where this option appears, it's somewhat hidden iirc.

When you get to the OS X installer, keep checking the wizard to see if there is a custom install button, if not check the menu bar.

Edit: Or follow the post above to wipe the disk first from the installer, that'll do it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Think I've sussed it. God they make it tricky to do a total format! Just started installing...