ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forum Newcomer with Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition (Photoshoot inside)

Astra VXR NBG ED
Hi all,
Registered on here as a friends have Clio sports and have a bit of interest in the N/A engine side of tuning. I'm currently a member off VXRonline. Anyway to give you a brief idea of what I drive here is a thread from VXRO of a recent detail on my car and photoshoot. Its running completely standard, standard induction with the Nurburgring option of a Remus turbo back exhaust pulling 277BHP at the fly and 270lb. Thread:

Right guys, worked half a day friday to managed to pop into autobrite and pick up some bits and bobs. Not really got too many photos of the prep or polish work carried out as I needed to crack on a bit.

Any how, lets commence.

First up, Wheels (Burg owners probably feel my pain here)

7337757488_7be8781234.jpg

IMG_6097 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

Attacked with Purple Rain (Many thanks Autobrite)

7337770878_f51a3a8dde.jpg

IMG_6099 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337786392_26ca6a5aed.jpg

IMG_6100 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

Wheels Finished Up

7337779246_521f08d0e9.jpg

IMG_6102 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

Then I went through the whole prep wash work foam, rinse, 2bm wash etc you know the drill.

7337808452_df70a7c6c1.jpg

IMG_6109 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337814704_d83155d0d6.jpg

IMG_6110 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

Purple Rain added to the bonnet before claying.

7337819500_f1cba821f2.jpg

IMG_6111 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

So after claying, got my Megs G220 DA on the blend and hit it with some Autoglym Super Resin Polish to clean up the paint a little as there were little swirls and the white just needed bring back to life a little and sealed up with some Megs Cleaner Wax.

And the result................a photoshoot a local multistory and lock up for the flourscent lights to show the shine, I'll let the pictures do the talking! These are Pre Edits guys so I will post the Post Edit pictures when I get round to editing them in PS!

7337917150_58a0e7f512.jpg

IMG_6185 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337923234_d671bf5fb8.jpg

IMG_6186 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337928236_d22887caba.jpg

IMG_6188 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337932808_825e8e572f.jpg

IMG_6187 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337942236_6855a9b3cb.jpg

IMG_6190 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337971200_3c3a96d083.jpg

IMG_6130 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337975500_c65e167295.jpg

IMG_6131 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337979020_48149d2039.jpg

IMG_6133 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337982650_db9e2438e9.jpg

IMG_6132 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337990910_004d564a83.jpg

IMG_6142 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337995602_4d2035c5b4.jpg

IMG_6157 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7337999030_3328e81abe.jpg

IMG_6161 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7338003256_6d2bcda609.jpg

IMG_6164 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7338007340_ebf079314a.jpg

IMG_6162 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

7338012072_6a5d8b9bee.jpg

IMG_6170 by Ben Grace, on Flickr

Many Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
  Astra VXR NBG ED
That looks stunning. Such a lovely car. It's just a shame a few of them got into the hands of "chavs" and spoilt it's image.

Cheers, yeah its a shame, same with every performance car unfortunately. Majority spoil it for the few.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Welcome etc.: approve:

My friends old car.... Sold that to buy a monaro...!

Why the choice of SRP out of interest?!

Yeah was it Brett? Spoke to him on the odd occassion and he did want it back actually!!

SRP because i had no swirls in the paint and the white just needed a freshen up on a polishing pad with a nice thick layer of sealant protection. If it needed correcting I'd normally go Menzerna products!

I see your in the essex area and thats how you know Brett? Did he sell the monaro in the end

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Brett.. yup.

I worked with him for a while. The 'Ro has gone... not 100% sure what he's got these days but I think it's 'semi-normal' as it were however I think he's possibly still got a V8 LPG'd BMW X5 haha !

Lovely. I really like the VXR's! Welcome to the forum...

Oh and you mentioned NA tuning, loads of info here but as an immediate warning it won't be as cheap to get big power! Enjoy :)

Welcome to the forum :) absolutely love the vxr range! My mate has a stage 3 Astra vxr in a gun metal Grey colour? Don't know the name of it but it's a pretty rare colour as far as I know, absolutely amazing car. Running around 320bhp and has so much torque. Absolute animal of a car. Driven it a few times and I love it :) where abouts are you from mate?

Welcome, nice car, not such a great choice of products though, especially if you plan to compete for business with Russ@MidlandsCarCare... (constructive critism)!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome chap, I recognise your username from somewhere.

Few things about the detail, Any tar remover used? Also there would have been marring present on the paint from claying. Do you do rotary correction at all? Not sure why the cleaner wax also seems a strange choice for a professional detailer.

Have you been detailing long? No offence meant of course, just interested as it seems like a strange detail to post up to advertise yourself.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Welcome, nice car, not such a great choice of products though, especially if you plan to compete for business with Russ@MidlandsCarCare... (constructive critism)!

This was only a brief spruce up on mine. It gets corrected with DA Megs G220 with Menzerna products when swirls appear that warrent correction. Full range of products that I use are on VXRonline in my advert there as I'm still unsure on how the advertising works on here, assumingyou have to upgrade membership.

Welcome chap, I recognise your username from somewhere.

Few things about the detail, Any tar remover used? Also there would have been marring present on the paint from claying. Do you do rotary correction at all? Not sure why the cleaner wax also seems a strange choice for a professional detailer.

Have you been detailing long? No offence meant of course, just interested as it seems like a strange detail to post up to advertise yourself.

The car was re-washed after claying and foamed using magifoam so no marring would be on the paintwork? Especially after using a fairly aggresive flex pad on the DA. I used the purple rain to test the tar removal qualities. It worked a treat and most contaminants simply washed out with a mit. The cleaner wax gives a deeper, wet looking shine over traditional sealants that i commonly use and used this as I knew the location for the photoshoot was going to be under florescent lighting. My other sealants don't offer the shine but far superior protection against road grime. And again, not an advert of my services, simply an introduction to me and my car. If you wish to view my advert feel free to jump on VXRonline and view the full list of products on there :)

Thanks for looking

Astra VXR NBG ED
Welcome to the forum :) absolutely love the vxr range! My mate has a stage 3 Astra vxr in a gun metal Grey colour? Don't know the name of it but it's a pretty rare colour as far as I know, absolutely amazing car. Running around 320bhp and has so much torque. Absolute animal of a car. Driven it a few times and I love it :) where abouts are you from mate?

Lightening silver. They are rare too.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Based in stoke mainly and market Drayton too!

Fair enough...based in Telford...but was up in Stoke and Keele today.

If you are in area...there's a meet in Dudley on Sunday at 4pm. Look in the West Mids section under 'local meetings' for info. :)

Astra VXR NBG ED
Fair enough...based in Telford...but was up in Stoke and Keele today.

If you are in area...there's a meet in Dudley on Sunday at 4pm. Look in the West Mids section under 'local meetings' for info. :)

I was thinking of going to cars in the park. However I'm a little tied up this weekend, but have you heard about the pistonheads meet at cannock golf club the following sunday??

TTRS & V50
Welcome Ben.

Love the berg ! Shame about the image.

I think SRP is a great product, I think some people get a bit snobby about brand names TBH.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Welcome Ben.

Love the berg ! Shame about the image.

I think SRP is a great product, I think some people get a bit snobby about brand names TBH.

Thanks buddy! Yeah autoglym are brilliant for maintaining/freshening up.

What image bud?

ARC induction, far rarer :) For now it's just a spoon N1 back box, loud enough as it is. Probably about 215/220bhp.

Weighing up what to get next.

There is one down the road from me ;) Lol! Not sure how many JDM'S, but it's got to be less than 100 in the UK. Honda wouldn't tell me!

Astra VXR NBG ED
ARC induction, far rarer :) For now it's just a spoon N1 back box, loud enough as it is. Probably about 215/220bhp.

Weighing up what to get next.

There is one down the road from me ;) Lol! Not sure how many JDM'S, but it's got to be less than 100 in the UK. Honda wouldn't tell me!

How come your getting rid?

Can't you search it on howmanyleft?

I know there is sub 600 Nurburgs in the UK now, lots were exported by Forces guys taking them to base as you only got the remus in the UK. Whats the official title of it, Championship or something else :/

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was thinking of going to cars in the park. However I'm a little tied up this weekend, but have you heard about the pistonheads meet at cannock golf club the following sunday??

No fella...I dont really go on ph apart to nose at cars for sale.

Evo 5 RS
Nice VX, looks lovely.

You're not one of those people who just keep letting off so it crackles out the back though are you? I reckon it must be in the owners handbook somewhere lol.