ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 2 - Reviewed

M140i/Orange 182
ill proberly buy forza, looking forward to when Colin Mcrae dirt comes out. demo is good.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I played the DiRT demo for 2 minutes, pressed "Quit to Dashboard" and deleted it. Then played Halo3:clown:

I just don't see what others do in that game. Sure I'm no rally driver so can't comment on what realistic is for rallying. But I'm pretty sure I could have more luck in feeling connected to the game by using my toes to use the pad..

Renault meggy
I've had Forza 2 for a week now and it is fantastic. Been racing with the Clio V6 :cool:

Get the official steering wheel aswel its brilliant.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've had Forza 2 for a week now and it is fantastic. Been racing with the Clio V6 :cool:

i prefer to pay for the boxed game after the delevopers have spent that much time on a game.

not sure i'm going to get it though, might get dirt instead.

Renault meggy

i prefer to pay for the boxed game after the delevopers have spent that much time on a game.

Oh I will pay for the boxed version so I can play it online. Why not download if you get to play it a few weeks early? I'll still be paying retail like everyone else. I only download games I know I will buy aswel

dk

911 GTS Cab

Oh I will pay for the boxed version so I can play it online. Why not download if you get to play it a few weeks early? I'll still be paying retail like everyone else. I only download games I know I will buy aswel
that doesn't make it right, if you have an updated firmware xbox to play 'backup' games then surely you have been banned from live from the last update anyway?

Renault meggy
that doesn't make it right, if you have a chipped xbox to play 'backup' games then surely you have been banned from live from the last update anyway?

I have a second xbox for playing online. How does it not make it right?

dk

911 GTS Cab
that doesn't make it right, if you have a chipped xbox to play 'backup' games then surely you have been banned from live from the last update anyway?

downloading a game from the internet without owning the license to play said game is illegal, do you not see that?

the point of a demo is to download legally to test the game to see if you want to buy it, then you wait for it to be officially released and purchase the license, its what most of us do, if its a good game then i don't mine spending £40 on it.

Renault meggy
downloading a game from the internet without owning the license to play said game is illegal, do you not see that?

the point of a demo is to download legally to test the game to see if you want to buy it, then you wait for it to be officially released and purchase the license, its what most of us do, if its a good game then i don't mine spending £40 on it.

I can see what your saying, it is illegal to download it but I have no intention of not paying for the retail game when it is released. It's not like I'm robbing anyone (sort of borrowing).

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Chill dk.

He's spent the money on a whole other xbox just to play copied games offline. Or perhaps it was the other way round, either way. It's not as if anyone's losing out.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Chill dk.

He's spent the money on a whole other xbox just to play copied games offline. Or perhaps it was the other way round, either way. It's not as if anyone's losing out.
oh and that makes it better that hes got two xbox's to get around it, IMO thats even worse!

the games developers are losing out on all the games he doesn't eventually buy as I doubt he buys every game he downloads!

IMO software piracy is the worst type of piracy.

Renault meggy
Chill dk.

oh and that makes it better that hes got two xbox's to get around it, IMO thats even worse!

the games developers are losing out on all the games he doesn't eventually buy as I doubt he buys every game he downloads!

I only download games I know for a fact that I WILL buy. Mainly due to the fact that my download cap is quite low.
Have you never downloaded a song off of the Internet?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm not saying it makes it right, but it's not as if he stole an Xbox360, modded it, and now gets to enjoy every privilege that paying customers do for pennies.

An xbox that's not online isn't an Xbox worth having in my book. No one to verbally beat into the ground, no way to show off achievements (yes I am sad:boring:) and no downloads or dynamic content.

I wouldn't buy a game just for offline modes that's for sure. I would be tempted by Forza just to play around with the handling etc, but if you can't take the cars online, where's the fun??

Anyway, hackers will always be around, it's what keeps Microsoft anti-piracy people in jobs after all. So on that front, he's helping out ;)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Biggest gripe i have with Forza 2 is the loading times.

Takes quite al ong time to startthe race once you have selected a race/tournament etc.

Thats only downside for me though. Really enjoying it at the moment.

Online tournaments are good too :D

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Biggest gripe i have with Forza 2 is the loading times.

Takes quite al ong time to startthe race once you have selected a race/tournament etc.

Thats only downside for me though. Really enjoying it at the moment.

Online tournaments are good too :D

They can't be worse than Forza1's !!

dk

911 GTS Cab

I only download games I know for a fact that I WILL buy. Mainly due to the fact that my download cap is quite low.
Have you never downloaded a song off of the Internet?
no, i don't listen to music really, i have had the same driving ballads in my car for about a year now.

Like I said, Software piracy is the worst offence in my eyes, worse that music, movies etc.

If everyone did like you the games industry would collapse.

And sorry if i'm out of line but i don't believe that you only download games you are definitely going to buy, that isn't the mindframe of someone who downloads games in the first place for any reason. If you have the ability to play downloaded games on one of your xboxs you aren't going to pay £40 every time, that would be silly.

Anyway, thats all i'm going to say on the subject now, you have had your boasting rights of playing it for a week before anyone else (other that the other people that have downloaded it ff newsgroups) and thats it really, enjoy the game.

Nippy white cup
I agree to a point about the graphics but the sounds? IMO they are fantasic (at least on the demo) and when they say some cars sound the same I bet they mean for instance V6's have a sound just the same as the gallardo sounds very similar to the Carrera GT being both V10.

I for one will defo be buying this

Chris

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The noise of the cars change when you add exhausts and cams etc.

Its really good how much detail they have put into it. Fit a supercharger and you hear it whine :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
The noise of the cars change when you add exhausts and cams etc.

Its really good how much detail they have put into it. Fit a supercharger and you hear it whine :D
is it still the case that when you view from the front of the car looking backwards the sound all but disappears?

Nippy white cup
I didn't find that...the noise changes totally as you are only hearing the engine noise and gets quieter but only how you would imagine it would

Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
what car is everyone buying asap?

i'm after a racing blue v6 with white wheels, stripped out, 600+ bhp if possible

Nippy white cup
Mk2 Golf r32 engine caged stripped with 4wd and turbo'd lol. Should be amazing...god I can't wait for this now!

Chris