ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Four years on - and for the first time this week...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
....I've had a proper go at using climate control.

And I'm still really struggling to see what the benefit of it is? :S It's cold now, so whacked it to 24C and hit Auto. Sure enough, the fans kick in as it tries like mad to warm up the cabin quickly.

After a few minutes, it drops the fan speed slightly, but still keeps it higher than I normally have it - so the CD volume has to go up accordingly.

Tried it for three days this week and all I seem to get more fan noise and that's about it.

Switched it off today and just set it to what I normally have it on. Seems like a solution to a problem that never really existed, imo.

D.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine works perfect, cold morning, air con comes on to demist everything, when the cars warm it calms down and keeps at a nice temp.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I rarely touch my cc. Set it to 21-22 degrees sometimes press the demist button when i first set of then put it back on auto after n jobs a good-un keeps the car at the perfect temp in my opinion

BMW F21 125d
MAXI Button FTW, then lower gradually as your getting warm and settle at 21/22. These winter mornings/nights are where it comes into its own!

Family Bus
Mines broken :(

Hot air comes out at about 80mph...but there is no blowing action if you get me.

Miss the warmth tbh.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
No blowing action...we've all been there at somepoint. These things are sent to test us

(If i didnt make a comment like that, someone else would have)

well i miss it now i'm in a cup!

demist is the big bonus really

i find myself dialling in max temp in the cup whereas in the 172 i never ventured above 22 deg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I used to find when i used it regular the next time i started the car every window would mist up

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Having had 3 rs's with ac, and 2 with climate, I'd take standard ac everytime.

Having had 3 rs's with ac, and 2 with climate, I'd take standard ac everytime.

They all have standard AC though... you dont have to use the CC function :S

whats not to like about getting in a car, pressing 20 degrees and leaving it?

Si

RS Clio 172
No blowing action...we've all been there at somepoint. These things are sent to test us

(If i didnt make a comment like that, someone else would have)

lol! someone had to...

I was thinking this morning about how my CC sucks. when i hit 'auto' the the Ac light goes off. i don't fully understand it tbh. so i wear gayboy footballer gloves instead to keep warm :D lol

im forever changing the temp on mine but 20s perfect this time of year first thing in the morning

lol! someone had to...

I was thinking this morning about how my CC sucks. when i hit 'auto' the the Ac light goes off. i don't fully understand it tbh. so i wear gayboy footballer gloves instead to keep warm :D lol

doesnt the ac only kick at certain temps mine does :S

Clio MK2 172
Mines broken :(

Hot air comes out at about 80mph...but there is no blowing action if you get me.

Miss the warmth tbh.

Had the same problem with mine, turned out the heater motor had died, just had a new system installed, can't go without blowers in the cold weather :S

lol! someone had to...

if the ac is needed to reach the desired temperature, it will switch it on then back off when the temp is reached.
Its like your central heating in your home. Its not always on... it only switches on temporarily when it needs to heat back to the temp you selected.

quite clever tbh...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They all have standard AC though... you dont have to use the CC function :S

whats not to like about getting in a car, pressing 20 degrees and leaving it?

But that's what I do anyway. When it's warm, either set to minimum or A/C on, spring and autumn is probably around 21 and this time of year 24. It's a gradual process - something that you slowly change.

With CC, you just simply seem to get more fan noise. Just seems a little pointless to me.

D.

the fan kicks in stronger with the CC because its trying harder to reach your desired temp in a shorter time. After a few mins the fan will slow down when it gets nearer your desired temp

Without using the CC... your car won't be a constant 21 degrees. What its doing is pumping out 21 degree heat all the time using the AC... which will end up warmer than 21 degrees.

M2 Competition
Love it. Have had a cup with, and a cup without, looking forward to not having a sweaty back in summer in this one! It looks pretty too!

Only downfall i can see is that you cant fit a large drinks can in the space below, as the unit sits lower.

Si

RS Clio 172
if the ac is needed to reach the desired temperature, it will switch it on then back off when the temp is reached.
Its like your central heating in your home. Its not always on... it only switches on temporarily when it needs to heat back to the temp you selected.

quite clever tbh...

this is what i thought... but say i get in the car and press the AC button the light will come on but if i press the Auto button immediately after the AC light goes out.

So although your statement would seem correct, and it is the logical explanation, i don't believe this to be the case.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Once the windows are clear, turn it off and enjoy the extra horses !

The CC only uses extra horses when the AC is on. When its not on its the same as one without.

this is what i thought... but say i get in the car and press the AC button the light will come on but if i press the Auto button immediately after the AC light goes out.

So although your statement would seem correct, and it is the logical explanation, i don't believe this to be the case.

Not in summer which is what the AC is for. In winter you only use it to demist the windows (which has its own button) or once in a while just to keep it working properly.
I can't fault it really and would much rather have it than not.
Wonder if some of you CC haters would spec your top of the range Mercs without it!

M2 Competition

It is the case.

The auto does just that, uses what functions it needs to reach the desired temperature. In the summer it will use the ac if it needs it etc.

Read the manual, is all in there ;)

RB 182FF, Saxo Track Car.
Only downfall i can see is that you cant fit a large drinks can in the space below, as the unit sits lower.

I've only just got my car at the weekend and have came across this problem twice already.

Large Mcdonalds drinks ftl!!

As for the CC, I love it, couldnt go back to dials.

I've only just got my car at the weekend and have came across this problem twice already.

Large Mcdonalds drinks ftl!!

As for the CC, I love it, couldnt go back to dials.

;) 197 ftw extra cupholder by the handbrake not that i put a mcd near my car :rasp:

320d
I'd like climate control. I usually end up consantly adjusting changing fan speed, changing it from vents to feet to windscreen etc, changing the temp etc Climate cotrol would siute me down to the ground.

Mind you if i didnt have it i wouldnt be bothered tbh, aslong as i had AC becuause if my next car didnt have it, it would be a step backwards imo so thats no 172 cup for me.

I'd like climate control. I usually end up consantly adjusting changing fan speed, changing it from vents to feet to windscreen etc, changing the temp etc Climate cotrol would siute me down to the ground.

Mind you if i didnt have it i wouldnt be bothered tbh, aslong as i had AC becuause if my next car didnt have it, it would be a step backwards imo so thats no 172 cup for me.

;) 172 cup with climate ftw

if i were upgrading it would have to better what ive got toy wise :cool:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Have had a cup with, and a cup without, looking forward to not having a sweaty back in summer in this one! It looks pretty too!

Is this news or have I missed it? Welcome back.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
AC and CC are for fags. Windows FTW.

Agree to be honest, mines used to demist the windows or on full to warm up, once im warm it's off.

Hate the noise of the fan etc.

Although never knew there was a 'proper' way to use it, i just do hot/cold then off when im happy.

So wish I got a 172 cup :(

Si

RS Clio 172
It is the case.

The auto does just that, uses what functions it needs to reach the desired temperature. In the summer it will use the ac if it needs it etc.

Read the manual, is all in there ;)

i've never read a manual in my life and i don't intent on changing the habits of a lifetime. lol.

still.... CC ftw. windows are always a summer fav tho.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Agree to be honest, mines used to demist the windows or on full to warm up, once im warm it's off.

Hate the noise of the fan etc.

Although never knew there was a 'proper' way to use it, i just do hot/cold then off when im happy.

So wish I got a 172 cup :(

Maybe now you know there is a "proper" way to use it might realise that its actually a lot better than not having it:S