ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Free Online Portfolios.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I putting myself forward for alot more freelance jobs and alot ask for links to a portfolio.
I have been getting away with sending jpgs of my work but I really need something a bit slicker.

I have a website but it's for my old family portrait studio that I no longer have, I was barely breaking even because of the overheads so I let it go. It was built for me by a web design company so I can't add to it as it's HTML, plus i'd like something new.

Alot of these free photo portfolio sites seem to be American or very limited in what you can get for free, I know I might have to put up with ads but i'm not that bothered.

Does anyone have one, if so which one do you use?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking that but i'm not sure how secure it is, I don't need every pervert getting off
on the model portfolios I shot as alot of them are lingerie and boudoir/glamour.

There's copious amounts of p**n on flickr already.

There's plenty of free Wordpress themes that will do it all for you. Just take you an evening to put it all together. With hosting/domain it probably won't cost much more than a Flickr pro account.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
just make a PDF.

Looks much better than online links to free sites imo.

Veasy to do, ive got a 50ish pic one thats under 5mb.

LY 182
Personally I'd grab a slick looking theme from a site like ThemeForest. Pretty cheap, and some of them look cracking.

I might be prepared to give you a hand / set something up for you for a bit of money, if that's something you would consider.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I was thinking that but i'm not sure how secure it is, I don't need every pervert getting off
on the model portfolios I shot as alot of them are lingerie and boudoir/glamour.

Examples of your work?

I'm not a pervert. I'm no different to a trainspotter but like looking at women instead of trains.

182FF with cup packs
Picasa may be of some use to you.

It allows you to share albums on a case by case basis, and I believe you can limit the sharing to individuals as long as they have a google account.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Pile of piss - and its free. You can also set permissions for various users. IE the user can register, you can approve/whatever and set their permissions so they can only see the albums you want them to view, which is nice.

Set up an SQL database with your provider > upload the files through ftp to a sub directory > navigate to the page > follow the set up instructions

http://gallery.menalto.com/

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Really like that, but I don't have a Mac, although your site took me to Cooliris image wall
which looks good.

I've just stuck a load of my studio work on a Windows Live Album.
Untill now i've not needed an online portfolio as I normally take my laptop to show clients my work.
All this online crap is a bit new to me so i'm still researching.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Really like that, but I don't have a Mac, although your site took me to Cooliris image wall
which looks good.

I've just stuck a load of my studio work on a Windows Live Album.
Untill now i've not needed an online portfolio as I normally take my laptop to show clients my work.
All this online crap is a bit new to me so i'm still researching.

I like the cooliris wall, mine just shows a full flickr load of shite but you can filter it to just show certain images by tag for example, then add that tag to the pics you want on the wall in flickr.

But remember you'll probably need flickr pro, plus you need to buy the domain and a web hosting package to host the wall.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thats the only thing with iweb though - your url doesn't make any sense and you can't change it. www.jenic/myalbums/myalbums looks shite.

I know, the fact it has /jenic annoys me more than anything else.

I was hoping the addressing thing was more down to user incompetence than the software :(
Should be updated later this year anyway so it may improve. The ease of use with iweb is incredible though, so easy to update pages.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'd still be using it tbh but isn't flexible enough so learnt to use dream weaver instead