ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Online gaming etiquette?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't mean the childish comments in game directed at one another. But the simple concept of what a mic does when adorned to the head of a significant proportion of the world's population of knuckle-dragging wombats.

Have these gimps never heard of a mute button? They aren't even talking in the game - essentially making the mic an acoustic magnetic for the cesspit that these individuals probably sit in during the third hour of scratching their nads and fingering their own ears.

Three nights this week, I've had an online survival round on Sniper Elite 5....

First night - some cnut who clearly hadn't eaten for the last three days and proceeded to munch through the Guinness Book of Records entry for the 'biggest f**king family bag of crisps' known to man. It just had to be crisps as well, didn't it? Mate - switch your f**king mic off - you sound like a starving horse. Thankfully, he saw my second message about ten minutes in and promptly STFU.

Second night - again, a non-talker. Instead, just broadcasting out his occasional fart, burp and asthmatic breathing. f**k off and gas yourself with your own arse expulsions.

Tonight - another one of society's mutes. Must have been laundry night and this t**t was either sat next to or on, his washing machine. Of course the thing was in its spin cycle - more than once - so the high pitched whine of water extracting from clothes was torture for us other three. In-between this, he was muttering to himself in some quiet eastern European accent and every now and then doing a creepy 'heh heh heh' like a demented vampire or something. Weird f**k. Clearly couldn't understand my polite messages for him to mute himself and didn't thank me once for the three revives I gave him. I let him die on his fourth downing. I did consider t-bagging him too.

I don't understand why by default - games don't mute voice traffic. If you want to use it - fine. But at least speak, rather than induce rage in your co-op team by being so annoying to the ears of your fellow players.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

You were playing against this guy.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
knuckle-dragging wombats.

the mic an acoustic magnetic for the cesspit that these individuals probably sit in during the third hour of scratching their nads and fingering their own ears.

First night - some cnut who clearly hadn't eaten for the last three days and proceeded to munch through the Guinness Book of Records entry for the 'biggest f**king family bag of crisps' known to man. It just had to be crisps as well, didn't it? Mate - switch your f**king mic off - you sound like a starving horse. Thankfully, he saw my second message about ten minutes in and promptly STFU.

@Chode Lint basically summed you up in a post here.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Three nights this week, I've had an online survival round on Sniper Elite 5....

@16v_er looks like Magz has found a new game 😂

F82 M4
That's why we only use Push to talk. Our Discord has a dedicted channel whereas only PTT will work for this very reason. It baffles me that people don't use PTT (I'm talking PC though. Not sure if you can on consoles?)

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Must be more of a console thing, on PC (at least what I play) it's mostly eastern Europeans shouting and swearing with the background noise of the world's loudest internet cafe when they activate push to talk. Generally mute them after about a minute once you realise they're not going to call, at least nothing that makes sense anyway.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Alls I’m saying is all the peado’s seem to get arrested for having images on their PC’s…I’ve never heard of someone being prosecuted for images of kids in a PlayStation….and that my friends is all you need to know about PC owners.
The first thing you thought of when using a PC is noncery?

Do you have something to tell us all?🤔

Renault Clio IV
It's pretty sad, but the phrase "online gaming etiquette" gives me a good laugh. Have you really tried online games where you really need to constantly communicate with people? Like DOTA (God forgive me) or other MOBA's, there's nothing like respect or etiquette there

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Alls I’m saying is all the peado’s seem to get arrested for having images on their PC’s…I’ve never heard of someone being prosecuted for images of kids in a PlayStation….and that my friends is all you need to know about PC owners.
That's because they have their PC's for browsing images of kids whilst they play on their consoles.