ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Free phoneline connection?

I am after broadband so need a phone line rental.

Anyone know of any deals that offer free/cheap phone line connection?

The house I am in had an active BT line, but since I moved in a few weeks ago I havent joined BT or anyone, and the Post Office want £107 to sort the line out. The guy on the phone even admitted it would be that price if they had to physically install the box etc, so I dont fancy paying that amount to be connected.

I looked into orange broadband, they will provide broadband and phone for only £15 a month, but suggest I go with the post office for the line to be activated, then cancel to go with orange. But I dont want to waste the Post Offices time, and pay £107 to them to then go to orange.

The only other option I can see is to go with sky to pay a £30 connection charge and then have sky for the sake of it (will hardly watch it) as it works out the same price as the Post Office when you divide the initial outlay of the line through them.

All I really want is Broadband!!

I have found that BT offer free connection, but want an 18 month contract, and you have to make so many calls a month. I won't use the home phone. Otherwise they want £122 to press a button.

Anyone got Broadband lately and had to sort a landline that could recommend a cheap start up cost.

I am happy to pay around 25 a month for line rental and the broadband, its just the huge fee to sort the line out that annoys me.