ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FREESAT

Anyone got any experience of FreeSat? Is it any better than normal freeview? I have a Sky dish at the new place so figured might as well use this? Any recomendations on cheap boxes? Am I right in thinking I can jsut use an old sky box?

A money pit
An old sky box will be fine, try to get an Amstrad one if possible. They are about £30 odd off ebay. Channel wise you do get more channels, but you don't get the Dave channels for example with freesat. If you get a Sky FreeSat viewing card then you will get a couple more channels over normal FreeSat. I think Fiver, Five USA and a few others. Channel 5 can be manually added without the need for a viewing card.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Got it on our telly but we never use it, not enough decent content on the only real HD channel (ITV HD doesn't count!). Always use the freeview tuner tbh.