ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

freeview HD recorder.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I have freeview on my tv built in.

anyone recommend a HD recorder box so i can record channels and stuff?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
plus how much tv is saved on say 160gb compared to 500gb?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Humax boxes are very good. No idea on how much those to sizes will hold though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
afaik they don't do any Freeview HD recorders yet, they'll come soon though.

Can get normal freeview recorders, we've had a humax for about 4 or so years now and it's been great.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Get Sky HD

don't want it as i don' really watch much tv.

i don't know if i have misunderstood the technology but this is what i want:

I have a lcd tv with freeview built in.

I want to be able to record a channel and say watch another one for example. Like sky+ tbh.

Can i do that with out spending mega bucks?

Clio 200 Raider

im pretty sure you cant record from your inbulit freeview on your tv unless your tv has built in hard drive which most wont. so you will need a separate box to plug the aerial to then you can record to.

cheapest option would be to get a recorder for you aerial to be plugged into assuming you havent got satalite feeds. Freesat and frewview have slightly diff channels.

How much you looking to spend?

Are you bothered about hd or just normal channels?

you will have to look for a twin tuner so you can record one and watch another channel.

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
i don't know if i have misunderstood the technology but this is what i want:

I have a lcd tv with freeview built in.

I want to be able to record a channel and say watch another one for example. Like sky+ tbh.

You need a freeview recorder.

If it has a single tuner, you can record/pause one channel only. If you want to watch another channel, you can just watch it through your tv's tuner as you're doing now. Obviously, both tv and recorder need to be connected to the tv aerial.

A recorder with a twin tuner will allow you to record two channels/record one and pause one at the same time. Then you could watch another channel through your tv tuner.

With either, you can record 1/2 channels and playback an already recorded programme.

If you want HD channels, you'd need a freeview HD recorder (again the above about single/twin tuners applies) which as stated above have only recently come out. Freeview HD is not widely available yet and I think would require another aerial and/or repositioning to accept a decent HD signal. This link will tell you if you can receive it http://freeview.co.uk/availability/main

If you're in a freeview HD area, then this would allow you to watch BBC, ITV & Channel 4 HD channels. Alternatively, freesat HD is available most places but only has BBC & ITV HD channels and would require a satellite dish/existing sky dish.

If you don't want HD, I'd personally get something like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001EBQGIO/?tag=cliospnet01-21
I've always read good things about Humax. But worth having a quick check on What Hi-Fi website for reviews of this and others when it's back up.

Humax say 160GB = up to 100 hours, 320GB = up to 200 hours and 500GB = 300 hours. I'm not sure if you can adjust the quality of recordings, but obviously higher quality means less hours of recording.

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah not in an HD area and not overlly bothered by it tbh at the moment.

cheers for the info.

anymore for anymore? my original post was not very good as i don't really know what i was looking for.