ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freeview help!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Right, well you maybe in a bad coverage area!

1) Go to http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability and check that your area is suitable for using an indoor antenna and see what the quality/coverage is like.

2) Using info for your nearest transmitter, get the antenna facing towards it and then re-scan your channels.

3) If all else fails you will probably require an external/loft antenna.

Hope thats some help.

corsa ecoflex
I had the same problem mate...i bought all the right bits,checked for availability in my area and still got nothing...so i got sky in the end

Bumder With A Buffer
dont use the indoor aerials! Not unless your in a very good signal area! I can pick up our Sudbury Transmitter fine with a normal crappy round loop aerial on the back of our tv in the bedroom. Only normal terrestrial though...no chance of digital!

Loft aerial might be your best bet like Has said.

edit oh you did buy an indoor aerial... that thing is s**t take it back! Especially as your trying to use a freeview box with it!

Youl to do one of 2 things...go up into the loft and see what equipment you have in ther.. If your signals strong enough you could get away with splitting your main aerial and running afeed down to your bedroom.

Or a Masthead amplifier. a 4 way one should do the trick and will split/boost your signal for you. Masthead amplifiers are 100x better than the plug in crap you buy from comet/argos etc as they have a variable gain sometimes.

The crap you buy like in your first link can boost a signal yes..but if your in a bad area or your aerial has a bad signal or is misaligned all you will do is be boosting a poor signal and making it worse :)

Have fun :)