ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

roof wrap, resealing sunroof and aerial replacement

looking to wrap my roof in gloss black wrap, but wanting to do a proper job, i will be taking the sunroof out.

not looking for people to tell me i shouldnt wrap it, because i am going to anyway, looking for advice on resealing the sunroof and the aerial.

sunroof:
how does the stock seal work, is it bonded between the roof and sunroof or will it just lift up? mine does not leak at the moment, so would it simply lift up?
going by this tutorial:
he says that the draft excluder will do the job, this is good for me as it means i can not have a permanent bond between the wrap and sunroof
will this work, its the same as the guy says in the vid, but wondering if anyone has had experience:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draught-E...ber-Door-Window-Seal-Strip-Roll-/141583070086

Aerial:
the aerial will be taken off to wrap, i dont use it anyway, and i have a stubby head on it so that gets like 0 reception regardless
any thoughts on a small shark fin replacement?
and how easy is the aerial to remove? does it just unbolt?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Functiona...495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20e38364af
would something like that suffice as a replacement or will it not wire in properly?
again does anyone have experience with this?

thanks for any potential help :up:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Stock seal is a crappy piece of foam.

Get some sika flex 291. Put it on the sunroof frame, put it in then put a bead around the edge of the sunroof. Use masking tape to make sure you get a fine line on the bead and it doesn't go over the paint. Mine has been done for over a year now with absolutely no leaks.

Oh, just read you don't want a permanent fix. I have no idea then. Do what the video says I guess.

The ariel had a rubber grommet which I'd reuse if I were you.

Stock seal is a crappy piece of foam.

Get some sika flex 291. Put it on the sunroof frame, put it in then put a bead around the edge of the sunroof. Use masking tape to make sure you get a fine line on the bead and it doesn't go over the paint. Mine has been done for over a year now with absolutely no leaks.

Oh, just read you don't want a permanent fix. I have no idea then. Do what the video says I guess.

The ariel had a rubber grommet which I'd reuse if I were you.

thanks haha, may end up using the video and just putting a line of skia flex around the edge anyway, dont really want to risk my interior

have you had experience with the aerial? if so was it easy to remove

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
thanks haha, may end up using the video and just putting a line of skia flex around the edge anyway, dont really want to risk my interior

have you had experience with the aerial? if so was it easy to remove
yeah I've taken them out. It's just a nut on the bottom which clamps it onto the roof. you need to pull back the headlining to get at it.

Good idea to put the bead around the edge but use the foam underneath. Then you can take it off with the wrap should you need to.

yeah I've taken them out. It's just a nut on the bottom which clamps it onto the roof. you need to pull back the headlining to get at it.

Good idea to put the bead around the edge but use the foam underneath. Then you can take it off with the wrap should you need to.
you remember where the aerial connects, i know there is a plug for the amplifier but for the actual reception wire, did it stretch off to the front or down the side somewhere?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
you remember where the aerial connects, i know there is a plug for the amplifier but for the actual reception wire, did it stretch off to the front or down the side somewhere?
goes sideways and then down the o/s c pillar if I remember correctly. The wire just comes off as it's got an electrical ring connector.