ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freeview or Freesat?

dk

911 GTS Cab
depends on your coverage really, freesat is designed for people who can't get a decent signal with freeview so will really depend on where you are.

also i guess, if you did decide you wanted full sky at a later date you would already have the equipment?

500bhp Scoob
I'm looking into the FreeSat option as I've got a freeview box, but due to the power output on some of the multiplexes (mainly the ITV/C4 Multiplex) I am unable to receive them, as I'm down in a valley.

I've already got an old sky box, as we got sky digital when it first came out, but my dad upgraded the box as it was a bit slow on the interactive side of things.

They'll no doubt still want the 150 quid for setting it up when we can use the same dish.

FreeSat looks to have alot more channels etc than freeview aswell

I have satalite with no subscription, i moved it from my old house and installed the dish myself, was really easy, just pointed it in the same direction as the neighbours and after about 15mins of adjusting managed to get a really signal.(did point it at the wrong satalite though to start with and had to ring up sky who were really quite helpfull and told me to adjust it to the left a bit)
Thing is though you don`t get E4 or More 4, thats why i`m now gonna get a Freeview box with PVR, just like SKY + but won`t cost £30 a month.