ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French car RR day

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Me and Danny (djroberts) went down to FMS in Ipswich today to get our cars on the rollers again as Louis had organized an RR day, plenty of 106's in various forms there which was cool coz I love them! Hopefully the day will be in Performance French Car mag in a couple of months. I gained 5bhp and 1lb/ft of torque since my last visit AND I had a more restrictive exhaust and refitted my cat. Danny gained 5bhp and 4lb/ft of torque since his last visit and only fitted a de-cat since!

Anyway here are my pics and vids from the day:

Videos:

Danny on the rollers

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/...09/?action=view&current=djroberts-RR-July.flv

Me on the rollers
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/...09/?action=view&current=Greeny172-RR-July.flv

Danny's loud pipe!
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/...ction=view&current=djroberts-exhaust-july.flv

Pictures:

DSC00185Custom.gif

DSC00188Custom.gif

DSC00192Custom.gif

DSC00194Custom.gif

DSC00197Custom.gif

DSC00203Custom.gif

DSC00205Custom.gif

Dan.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Cheers Dan, was a good day out!

Just pretend you don't see something wrong in this photo ;)

DSC00203Custom.gif

Artic 182
Great day guys, cheers for coming down.

I went on in the end, a tidy 151bhp and 132ft lbs. Should be a dam site more in a few weeks with any luck.

Dan did you wanna meet up for a drink sometime soon?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Great day guys, cheers for coming down.

I went on in the end, a tidy 151bhp and 132ft lbs. Should be a dam site more in a few weeks with any luck.

Dan did you wanna meet up for a drink sometime soon?

Yeah can do mate, i didnt know you were putting your car on, would of stuck around if I knew :(

6/468 17poo
so u put the cat back on gained 5bhp and the other sport put a decat on and gained 5bhp..........weird!

now ive had a proper service id like to see if its made a difference too

182, SQ7, Trafic
I put a decat on and it was the only change from RRR before and gained 5

Dan put cat back on and a KTec stealth and gained 5 too!

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeh, before I had a different RSTuner map, 2.5" Stainless Custom System & a de-cat and a half blocked airfeed. I now have my cat back in, K-Tec Super Stealth system, the latest RSTuner map and my forced air feed sorted.

Bumder With A Buffer
I would of come but I was a dribbling wreck after going out iin Ipswich on Saturday night...Jager Bombs dont like me :(

So gains all around then?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I would of come but I was a dribbling wreck after going out iin Ipswich on Saturday night...Jager Bombs dont like me :(

So gains all around then?

Yup! I want a de-cat again now to get a few extra horses, alot of hassle come MOT and fitting etc for probably a couple more bhp / torque.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yeh, before I had a different RSTuner map, 2.5" Stainless Custom System & a de-cat and a half blocked airfeed. I now have my cat back in, K-Tec Super Stealth system, the latest RSTuner map and my forced air feed sorted.

Did the operator say anything about the results, they seemed to think standard airbox's were giving better gains than IK's unless fitted with a decent CAF. What was your feed and airbox?

smoother power curve this time having the cat bag in?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Did the operator say anything about the results, they seemed to think standard airbox's were giving better gains than IK's unless fitted with a decent CAF. What was your feed and airbox?

smoother power curve this time having the cat bag in?

I need to scan/upload my graph so show but it was quite smooth yeah, I also need to compare it to the last as well.

I currently have a forced air feed from my fog light directly into my ph2 airbox with a K&N panel filter, this was the same as last time but I didnt have the air pointed at my fog light and my feed was half blocked!

Danny lost about 8bhp with his ph1 airbox and ITG filter fitted, his 167bhp was using no filter as per the pic above.

Dan

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im glad I didnt get mine on the rollers, your cars looked great though.

Thats a lie, Danny's was covered in flys and the bumper is held on with cable ties, lol :D <3 you Danny :)

Bulter were you the guy taking photos for PFC then? I didnt say hello to you infact :( Make sure you come along to Oct RR day we organize at FMS ;) Get your motor on then :D

182 Cup
The flies and cable ties are brilliant, all part of the look! His car is such a ****, its great - reminds me of my old Rallye.

Yeah im just editing the pictures now. I doubt il ever have my cars on the rollers unless its mapped, knowing my car isnt making power would only be another thing to add to the growing list of problems depressing me about my car!

P

Pullyboy848

I was there aswel but i didnt take my car as money is tight atm....I thought ur car greeny172 was lush....it looks so nice :) And was that djroberts with u?? The ph1 172 with crazyyyyy wheels was well nice too, so surprised that taking ur filter off made that much difference :O
So wish id ran my 172 but theres always next time :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cheers mate, and yeah it was djroberts with the loud silver ph1! We have an RR day being organized in Oct at FMS, get signed up when you can! Also got a Karting meet on Sunday, have a look in the local meets section.

182, SQ7, Trafic
I was there aswel but i didnt take my car as money is tight atm....I thought ur car greeny172 was lush....it looks so nice :) And was that djroberts with u?? The ph1 172 with crazyyyyy wheels was well nice too, so surprised that taking ur filter off made that much difference :O
So wish id ran my 172 but theres always next time :)

Cheers mate, What car were you in?

Sorry I didn't get along to this chaps :eek:

Maybe next time.

Poor effort Cat ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looked like a good day..... My car is going back more and more Std so will probably never rolling road it again :(

P

Pullyboy848

Cheers mate, What car were you in?

I was gonna come in my 172 but my mate with the blue 306 HDi offered me a lift so i took it up.
it was the slowest of the day :(:eek:
Im actually kicking myself because i sooo wish i wud of took mine!
Ill be up for another one in oct tho :D......ill put my name down now.