ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2008

My mate has linked me to the "professional" pics...

French Car Show

They're subdivided into the following categories...

Entrance photo's

Track session photo's

Showground photo's

For a professional photographer/company, I don't think they're very professional. But that's my opinion.

This comment on the website made me laugh...

For the second year running, Rob McDougall Photography were the official photographers for French Car Show. Rob McDougall, Simon Muxlow and Adele White contributed to the official photography in 2008.

So they were employed last year. Since the show's been moved to Rockingham, it has got worse and the photography has contributed towards that. Rob McDougall himself is normally quite good as he does a lot of the Castle Combe events. However, he had the assistance of two other people this year, which may be the reasoning behind some of the poor photographs.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Agreed, they just look like any old pics - seen way better from some of the pic *****s on here tbh!

Suzuki Ignis
To be fair to the photographers, event photography can be hard work. Running around all day trying to get everything,not really looking to take portfolio standard work,just getting snap shots.
Then when they get back they got to sort, tag, keyword, quick edits and cropping then get everything set up ready to be sold on the webpage usually within 48 hours.

But I do agree theres nothing really special about these photos. Its usually just a good money earning, because they'll get paid for being there, then extra for anything thats published in mags, flyers, next years programs ect. and then theres the people maybe didnt get a photo of there car that want a print of it.

Whats not professional about it? Its clear, easy to see, easy to purchase ect. TBH I think the way they have things set up is pretty professional. Might not have fancy things all over the place but it all works.

Sorry if that seemed like a rant, just ive done abit of event photography and i'd hate to be judged on the standard of any event photography ive done.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I think that event photography is 1 thing that you should be judged on. Some of the pics on the website are ok however as has been said some of the people on CS have got much better pics inc pics of most peoples cars and Im sure are happy for people to download copies without paying £7 per photo, If Im paying £7 for a photo I would want it to be because its a really good photo, that an amatuer photographer would struggle to capture...