ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2018

French Car Show 2018
Posted by Nik
French Car Show 2018 Donington Park
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
French Car Show 2018
7th-8th July - Donington Park Circuit

We invite you to join us on our club stand at the opening event of the car show season. This year the show is again at Donington Park, which turned out to be a great venue for the show last year. Main show day only or full weekend tickets with camping are available as well as track sessions on the historic circuit.

Show attractions include:
  • Track Time on the iconic Donington Park Circuit
  • First class venue and facilities including pit garage complex
  • Premium trade area in the paddocks
  • New improved car cat walk
  • Free demo passenger rides
  • Themed Paddocks and Top 25
  • Improved Stage and Car Cat Walk with Performance French Cars Magazine
  • Free photography
  • Free parade laps
  • Renaultsport Village supported by Renault
As usual members on the ClioSport.net stand will receive free refreshments and snacks.

Book now to reserve your place on the ClioSport.net Club stand!

Important:
Ensure you choose 'cliosport.net' in the Parking Option box when ordering your tickets!

IMG_9850.jpg

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Unless I'm being blind we don't have a thread for this yet.

Just booked to go for the first time in years and years. And thought "let's just book some track time too, why the hell not?"

So who's going and are you doing tracktime?

1. Djw John - Saturday only, session 1, not camping.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
1. Djw John - Saturday only, session 1, not camping
2, Djw Dave, Saturday only, session 1, not camping (probably on RenaultUK stand)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Djw John when is it? I went last year and tempted to track the 200 again this year as the etiquette was actually good!

7th of July, Donnington again. I see it's limited to 30 at a time.

Was it really? Genuinely surprised me! Was really in 2 minds as I've witnessed quite a few FCS track sessions from the sidelines and it's looked awful, but for £75 for Donny OPL it's hard to ignore.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
7th of July, Donnington again. I see it's limited to 30 at a time.

Was it really? Genuinely surprised me! Was really in 2 minds as I've witnessed quite a few FCS track sessions from the sidelines and it's looked awful, but for £75 for Donny OPL it's hard to ignore.
I'll have a look and see if I'm working then.

Yeah I only did the 15 min sessions last year, but no one was being an aggressive bell end. I'd do the 2hrs straight if I didn't need fuel. Lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll have a look and see if I'm working then.

Yeah I only did the 15 min sessions last year, but no one was being an aggressive bell end. I'd do the 2hrs straight if I didn't need fuel. Lol

In a 200 you'll be lucky to do the 15 min without filling up ;)

It was incompetence more than aggressiveness that I saw. Like the guy who got black flagged so stopped on the main straight, chucked the hazards on and walked over to discuss it with the stewards!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In a 200 you'll be lucky to do the 15 min without filling up :wink:

It was incompetence more than aggressiveness that I saw. Like the guy who got black flagged so stopped on the main straight, chucked the hazards on and walked over to discuss it with the stewards!!
Lol! It ain't that heavy on fuel!!

Flol! That's brilliant!! What an utter bell end!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol! It ain't that heavy on fuel!!

Flol! That's brilliant!! What an utter bell end!

Craigs supercharged one was!

Was awful! He'd parked next to us on the stand and put on his driving gloves, driving shoes and all that to then go out and nearly get killed.

But I see they do briefings now and I don't think they did back then.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I’m well up for French car show this year! I haven’t been in some years now! I won’t be doing track time tho!

I'm going to pop along to this too. Will there be a cliosport.net stand? Looked like last year you got free refreshments!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
This was awesome last year! My first time at Donnington... what a track!
I found the morning sessions had decent drivers in but the afternoon sessions were a bit hit and miss
If funds allow I’ll be booking again

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Got my site pass and track time details thru the post today. FCS 18 sticker too.
Well early!
Haven't even bought event entry tickets yet. Lol.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
@Sunglasses_Ron
Will I be OK bringing the Megane on the CS stand as we will be bringing a Megane and a Clio 200?

I've now moved onto a Megane with age, but we still have a Clio in the family
Plus I've just noticed as of this Wednesday I've been on CS for 13 years ;)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Tried to book a couple tickets through the link in post #1 and it was disconnected because the link was infected?

Edit: Think its the PFC shop itself, as i couldnt connect going on the PFC site

Last edited:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Tried to book a couple tickets through the link in post #1 and it was disconnected because the link was infected?

Edit: Think its the PFC shop itself, as i couldnt connect going on the PFC site

Yeah I've had a malware alert from the PFC / French Car Show site too. I'll let Mark Dow know.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
I took my Megane R26 last year and did the track but was scared of pushing it too much but still enjoy the car on track,
this year im bring the trusty Clio 172 cup happy days

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was toying with the idea of attending this...but can't select Cliosport.net in the parking (only public is allowed) is this the case?