ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2018

French Car Show 2018
Posted by Nik
French Car Show 2018 Donington Park
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
  Clio Gordini 1.5dci
Does that not defeat the object of “FRENCH CAR SHOW”?…To have a German car on the Cliosport.net stand (Even if it has nice wheels and is shiny) is not really on!
Your other half should not be ashamed of his Clio.......My son would never even consider bringing his Audi to the French Car Show. Better that your other half’s Audi is parked in the Public Car Park

I thought the idea of the French car show was for fans of French cars? Same as membership to this group - you don’t HAVE to own a clio to be a member but it’s for the enthusiasts and fans alongside the owners?
We happen to own two Renaults in the household along with membership of Cliosport and being employee of Renault sport so we were planning on going to have a good day out looking at other people’s car, enjoying the atmosphere and having some fun? He’s not applied to do track time and he’s not entering any judging competition, he’s is merely part of a convoy of other members but has chosen not to bring his battered commuting car to stick in a space?

I presume all non-clio/Renault owners that turn up in their various other makes of car and have applied for a ticket under cliosport.net will have to go elsewhere too?

RS Clio 220 Trophy
I thought the idea of the French car show was for fans of French cars? Same as membership to this group - you don’t HAVE to own a clio to be a member but it’s for the enthusiasts and fans alongside the owners?
We happen to own two Renaults in the household along with membership of Cliosport and being employee of Renault sport so we were planning on going to have a good day out looking at other people’s car, enjoying the atmosphere and having some fun? He’s not applied to do track time and he’s not entering any judging competition, he’s is merely part of a convoy of other members but has chosen not to bring his battered commuting car to stick in a space?

I presume all non-clio/Renault owners that turn up in their various other makes of car and have applied for a ticket under cliosport.net will have to go elsewhere too?
Let us not dilute a Clio stand with what are clearly not Renault cars.....Just my opinion.....Maybe Cliosport Admin could comment?

Clio Gordini 1.5dci
Admin will have this years answer but I know previously the non-clios Park at the back of the stand. Which is a decent compromise in my eyes.

Which is perfectly fine in my eyes too. As I said he’s not wanting to show it off or participate so he would happily park it where it will get no attention at all - he just wants to be where he knows and with who he is coming with (plus he has my child in tow).
If it’s a firm no from the moderators then we’ll have to rethink our plans obviously

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
We've always allowed any club member to join us regardless of their car, we just have a 'rejects' parking area out the back ?.

French Car Show is particularly good for this because of the stand position at the circuit. This means the Clio display is not affected in any way.

Clio Gordini 1.5dci
We've always allowed any club member to join us regardless of their car, we just have a 'rejects' parking area out the back ?.

French Car Show is particularly good for this because of the stand position at the circuit. This means the Clio display is not affected in any way.

Thanks for clarifying @Nik!
He’s used to being in a reject parking space.. he knows my Gordini gets the prime parking on our drive ?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Quick question, is the stand in the same spot as last year, was ideal in my opinion.

Yeah we are, well almost. There's a trade stand in the very corner where the tunnel is so we're just a little bit further along.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Got my two tickets. Anyone know if you can buy day tickets on the gate?
Got a flakey mate who’s leaving his decision to come until the last minute...

Tia

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Had the tickets/wristband etc in the post today. For those that are interested additional tickets are available on the day [emoji1360]
dcc470dc3d77d776604a23cac69eda19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vioar

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio RS 182
We still have free places for the stand?and i'm aloud to bring a 225 on the stand?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
We still have free places for the stand?and i'm aloud to bring a 225 on the stand?

Yeah, club bookings are still being taken and you are more than welcome to bring the 225 along. ?

Vioar

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio RS 182
Thank you,i will book tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Im going to book tickets today for this, for access to the club stand is there a certain time I will need to arrive on the saturday? Just so I know what time to set off thats all. Also what does the 'parade lap' consist of? Just drive round the track in line?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
As the rally car is hopefully getting an mot tomorrow and taxed on saturday i will check the diary to make sure the kids aint doing something and try to get down to this.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
now, pardon me from getting back from the pub after England lost to Belgium (Yay, we are in an easier route to the final some say)
That means we play Columbia Tuesday night

And if we win that, play the following Saturday- which is FCS
and as far as I know- there are two kick off times for matches

3pm and 7pm

So if its 3pm, Endgland will be playing a 1/4 final world cup game at FCS??>!!!

That right?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
If we beat Colombia- its SatURday 3pm confirmed
Straight off the track- footie shirt on- need a TV :)

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Im going to book tickets today for this, for access to the club stand is there a certain time I will need to arrive on the saturday? Just so I know what time to set off thats all. Also what does the 'parade lap' consist of? Just drive round the track in line?
@Sunglasses_Ron @Nik Can you guys let me know what time etc on the Saturday please? It’s a 2 hour trip so I need to plan what time I pull myself out of bed ?

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Where are you coming from? If you go in to local meetings and go on your area you may find there is a convoy organised ?
Coming from Liverpool way, I put a post up myself but I didn’t get any interest ? it’s 2 hours from my way so I’ll aim for 8 for gates opening I guess!

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Booked up again for this year and booked track time as well.
@BoostedSi let me know if you fancy a meet up again. ??(Assuming you’re able to go)
Hey matey. Sorry for the insanely late reply. Haven’t been on here for about a month or so. Won’t be attending this year i’m afraid as i’m working unfortunately ?

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Got a 3 and 3/4 hour journey to get there on Saturday, praying there’ll still be a space when I arrive ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Could I still gain access to the CS Stand if I buy a ticket on the gate? I've left it way to late to pre-book a ticket and space online.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I didn't think and booked my tickets direct as i'm going in my old Touran, didn't realise you had a rejects parking area!