ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2018

French Car Show 2018
Posted by Nik
French Car Show 2018 Donington Park
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Could I still gain access to the CS Stand if I buy a ticket on the gate? I've left it way to late to pre-book a ticket and space online.

Not a problem from our end as we've got a bit of spare capacity in our stand, but you'll probably need a car pass window hanger thing (can be seen in the pics higher up in this thread) to be allowed into the club area by the marshalls.

If you have issues, park in 'non club / exhibitor parking' area on the map and then come and see us in the club marquee. We can give you one of ours once we are on site and you can then move your car. We often do this every year for a few people.

Renault Clio 197
Got a 3 and 3/4 hour journey to get there on Saturday, praying there’ll still be a space when I arrive ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a long drive last year and got there at about half 9 ish and wasn't the last there were still 5 or 6 that came after me. You should be fine if you set off bright and breezy.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Can we drop our camping stuff off at the campsite and then come back to the stand? Clio's boots are not the best are they so it'll be up to the roof :)

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I’ll be bringing my pride and joy 172, pre facelift Trophy is mine too but missus will need it during the day.
There’s me getting my hopes up to take average photos of the two ?

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
@Nik

Turns out I got 2 exhibitor passes with my tickets. Can I park my old bus in the rejects section of the stand? What time do you need to be there if it's ok?

Thanks in advance.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
@Nik

Turns out I got 2 exhibitor passes with my tickets. Can I park my old bus in the rejects section of the stand? What time do you need to be there if it's ok?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah that’s no problem, any time after 8.00 should be fine ??

Jimbott870

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Hi all It's my first time at fcs, it's all been booked by the wife. I have exhibitor pass and track time 1till 3 ( first time on a track).
Being a newbie to cs I am slightly nervous ?. Question are helmets supplied or with I need my own .

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Hi all It's my first time at fcs, it's all been booked by the wife. I have exhibitor pass and track time 1till 3 ( first time on a track).
Being a newbie to cs I am slightly nervous ?. Question are helmets supplied or with I need my own .
I'm on 1-3pm too, gonna come off 2.50ish to try see start of footie
We could tag each other round 1st 2 or 3 laps if you like. I am certainly no expert, just pedal to the metal when I can, altho the car has got to get me home so don't redline it all the time- plenty overtake me LOL. I take my own helmet, not sure if you can hire, but its usually a tenner if they do

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172

Last year when I took a mate on a passenger lap there was a Motorsports company who sell caterhams near the entrance, was a tenner I think, but with a £50 deposit

Jimbott870

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Cheers guys thanks for the response, think I will hire a helmet. Chris blue I would love to tag for a few laps if I can keep up ?. I will be hoping to watch England too .

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Cheers guys thanks for the response, think I will hire a helmet. Chris blue I would love to tag for a few laps if I can keep up ?. I will be hoping to watch England too .
that'll be fun. You cant miss my car, phase 1 iceberg silver with lots royal blue decals over it. come say hi, then get together for queing onto track :)
ive only done Donnington once before, so don't know the track that well myself.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
that'll be fun. You cant miss my car, phase 1 iceberg silver with lots royal blue decals over it. come say hi, then get together for queing onto track :)
ive only done Donnington once before, so don't know the track that well myself.
Donington is a track for the brave due to the speeds you can carry, but very rewarding when you get it right!

I cannot wait to get out on there in the 200 again this year. Now I’ve got brakes that’ll stop me of course! Lol

Renault Clio 197
Donington is a track for the brave due to the speeds you can carry, but very rewarding when you get it right!

I cannot wait to get out on there in the 200 again this year. Now I’ve got brakes that’ll stop me of course! Lol

Hope you bring your shell fuel card for your 3.6mpg hahaha

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Cars all clean inside but it looks like it's going to piss it down any moment now so I'm holding off washig it. I'll probably be doing it in 30° heat tomorrow.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
FCS last year was the first time I've ever been on track and I'm happy to say I sh*t myself ? was definitely good fun though!

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Got cracking with cleaning at 11, just finishing up now. Will inevitably rain tomorrow and will eat a few bugs on the way up.
Pretty much used the full arsenal today, bar proper polishing compounds, as my DA packed up [emoji849]

222ca225d99edc62b19bc797b06d09cb.jpg
ccca985d87e636af87ff6bb8edd1b8af.jpg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Am at Donnington services travelodge now postcode DE74 2TN Will leave here 7.30ish in morning, if anyone wants to meet here n convoy in? Only 3 0r 4 miles from entrance

Was gonna go Nottingham for eve meal, but 20% off at a few restaurants at services may well stay here, with benefit of being able to have 2 or 3 ciders, and watch footie ???

Only half tank fuel for a 2 hr sesh for me, and Northloop, think u overtook me a few times last year lol.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
FCS last year was the first time I've ever been on track and I'm happy to say I sh*t myself ? was definitely good fun though!
You did well from what i recall. It is too easy to thrash the Clio at Donnington, but keep sensible and its not a train home.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Am at Donnington services travelodge now postcode DE74 2TN Will leave here 7.30ish in morning, if anyone wants to meet here n convoy in? Only 3 0r 4 miles from entrance

Was gonna go Nottingham for eve meal, but 20% off at a few restaurants at services may well stay here, with benefit of being able to have 2 or 3 ciders, and watch footie ???

Only half tank fuel for a 2 hr sesh for me, and Northloop, think u overtook me a few times last year lol.
Do not eat in the travel lodge! Travel lodge food is horrific!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Is there any supermarkets close by from
Donnington? Need to keep my beers cold with some ice before I arrive