ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2018

French Car Show 2018
Posted by Nik
French Car Show 2018 Donington Park
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 7, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
If anybody is camping feel free to come over for a beer, I’m in the white 200T CR10PPR! Bring a chair we don’t have any?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
We had a great turnout today, the show in general is definatly on the decline though but these occasions are great to meet and catch up with cliosporters. Nice to meet @nath&alex and err, dam? Dim? @Cerrone what's that ginger guy called again? ?
Hahaha this has made me laugh to myself all day every time you’ve said his name to me but because I can’t fully understand your accent and clearly you can’t understand @Don’s I haven’t said anything! Haha the whole bunch of cliosport.net are a great bunch! Can’t wait to get to csf and crack the beers!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Hahaha this has made me laugh to myself all day every time you’ve said his name to me but because I can’t fully understand your accent and clearly you can’t understand @Don’s I haven’t said anything! Haha the whole bunch of cliosport.net are a great bunch! Can’t wait to get to csf and crack the beers!
?? We will have to set up a group pm at csf so we can communicate clearly. So many wrong accents ?. At least I could talk proper to @mossyv6 and @nath&alex today?

Did @Ali get home in one piece?

renault clio 200
Saw your car mate but didn't bump into you. Car looks nice, and nicely different to the gaggle of ly ones nearby.
I've just had a walk around I'm eather drunk or blind I haven't seen your car :/ I'm going for the drunk one tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, eventually made it to the stand! Kinda.

9B1ED8D2-E7F4-47A0-AB06-5609BCCDAA20.jpeg

@Djw Dave was a hero and let me use his car in the 1-3 session so once we got the car back to road wheels and packed we popped over.
Flamer still isn't home :(

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Saw your car mate but didn't bump into you. Car looks nice, and nicely different to the gaggle of ly ones nearby.
Thanks mate, I like to keep them kind of standard look as I think they look good. CSF we’ll have a chat ?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's just prompted me to!

It's still in the service area that it was dropped off at. Obviously I'm not gonna say where but that's been 24 hours sat there.
Apparently getting picked up at half 12 tonight. Like it was at 5pm earlier.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well here’s hoping they pull their finger out and get it done.

Yup, it's got my track wheels in it so hopefully all is well.
Was a shame not to meet you or even see the car today but whilst you were on track we were going over the car to get it ready for the afternoon, just spanner checking and fuelling up but it took a while.

Didn't see a single bit of the show until gone 4!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Had a great day good to catch up with everybody?

@Djw John we seen you and the RB on the hard shoulder of the M18 on way there was going to pull over but had no gear on us. Hope they get it recovered back to you asap keep on at them

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Nice to catch up with you guys, loved the day, the weather, and even the slightly lower amount of people and cars
Glad was of assistance to Jimmy/Amy and their clan, but as usual, have forgotten most names LOL (Age!)

Cheers for the inlets DJW John- you certainly can pack some stuff in them Clios

All on for Cliosport festival and those name badges eh Kirsty?..... Ha!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a great day good to catch up with everybody?

@Djw John we seen you and the RB on the hard shoulder of the M18 on way there was going to pull over but had no gear on us. Hope they get it recovered back to you asap keep on at them

Aye saw your van going past, looked good!

Just had a phone call from the patrolman saying he's with the car and ready to go, can I come to him? Er no mate, I'm up the road, "oh, keys must be on it" bloody hope so!

So that's it been parked up 2 nights with a set of willy wheels in the boot and the key, I assume, on top of a wheel.

Ah well, at least it's finally on the move

Clio Gordini 1.5dci
First experience of the FCS yesterday and had a great day! Although slightly pinker from all the sun now!

Thanks to the lady on the stand for helping me when I looked lost and parking me up! (sorry I didn’t catch your name!) and the friendly welcome in general.

Fell a little bit more in love with my car after seeing the passion that goes into everyone else’s! Although my cleaning regime when I parked up was nothing compared to some! Lol.

@NorthloopCup was yours the green one that was initially on the end of the row and then moved towards the back? That was lovely!

Sorry to the couple in the GT who were questioning me on my plates towards the end of the day - I wasn’t much use to you in the end!

Jimbott870

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Nice to catch up with you guys, loved the day, the weather, and even the slightly lower amount of people and cars
Glad was of assistance to Jimmy/Amy and their clan, but as usual, have forgotten most names LOL (Age!)

Really enjoyed my first fcs yesterday, I even went on the track for the first time, great fun even if I was the slowest ?.
Chris and his wife were amazing and went out there way to help thanks guys

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Only just saw this, I see I replied at the same time earlier.

Aye, practical family daily race cars!

Good to meet you and hope you enjoyed your track time

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh and car update, apparently it'll be here in half a hour. But as they've told me 4 or 5 different times I don't believe them. Hopefully it's here before bedtime.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I hope it looked good as I was doing 110/115 through craners! Lol

I have no f**king idea what speed I was doing but I know it's a quick track! Managed a 1.28.7 according to Harry which I was pleased with for a 182 with sportlines, ds1.11 and some old style 888s but tbh I have no idea how that compares!