ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Plates

Car  Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I was thinking of getting some steel pressed plates like the french standard ones, are these legal in the UK? They would have the F badge but other than that look legal?

Thanks
 
Damn, really wondered why the FAQ didnt have any information on legality! Ive seen loads of dubs with german plates! My dads a copper so I might just ask him if its something i get pulled for??
 
Had mine on 3 different cars over four and a half years and never had any problems.

Will need to swap them over to pass an MOT mind.
 
I went for the GB on mine and German font so the 7 looked more like a T.

Mycarski.webp
 
Send AK a PM, I'm pretty sure he has somegood cheap french plates that were passed legal.
 
Send AK a PM, I'm pretty sure he has somegood cheap french plates that were passed legal.
If its got an F instead of the GB then it's not legal. If its not the standard British font it's also not legal and the number plates needs to have the postcode of the company it was made by on aswell as the bs number
 
If its got an F instead of the GB then it's not legal. If its not the standard British font it's also not legal and the number plates needs to have the postcode of the company it was made by on aswell as the bs number

^^This
 
I had some old style black and silver number plates on my Skoda Octavia VRS and never got pulled over, had them on for about 6 months aswell! Guess it is just luck of the draw but I think anything that will draw police attention to your motor is a bit risky!
 
Back
Top