ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front bumper opinions

80MPG BEEZA
right bout 2 month ago i got my front bumper re done as it had a big crack at the bottom i had it fixed de badged and all stone chips taken out for £150, had it on around 2 months and today going over a speed bump i've managed to crack it in same place lpus other side about 1" both sides grr i'm well annoyed as it takes speed bumps fine cant see how it managed to catch,

thing is i dont know what to do now option a - get cracks fixed and take number plate recess out and keep number plate on dash as i wana track it mostly, b - put a normal clio sport bumper on which means i have to buy wings aswell then my sideskirts wont fit so i'll probably have to buy sport sideskirts and the back bumper will look out of place. i dont really wanna go to a normal sport look as it will just look like every other car but its less likely to hit speed bumps but option a will be cheaper and i still ned to colour code side strips and spoiler

front bumper i have is the one in the avatar

BMW 330D
Cant you just buy a new bumper ie the same one again
and get it modified at the bottom so it wont catch?.
As you say it looks ace as it is and going to a normal sport look would spoil the indviduality of it imo.

80MPG BEEZA
Cant you just buy a new bumper ie the same one again
and get it modified at the bottom so it wont catch?.
As you say it looks ace as it is and going to a normal sport look would spoil the indviduality of it imo.

bumper is like £300! so id rather just get it fixed and resprayed but i cant think of anyway to modify it to make it strong i may put to brackets on attaching it to the chassis to mkae it more rigid next time, thinking i may leave it until spring to redo with winter coming i'm more likely to catch it on a kerb like i did last year

VRS
i would either consider changing/modifying the kit or not tracking it as from your pictures your car doesnt look very track friendly!

i dont mean that in a bad way i just mean that throwing it around a track with the current kit on is going to lead to lots of chipped and cracked bodywork

80MPG BEEZA
so if i'm gonna track it i shud think about putting normal sport bumpers on maybe carbon splitter and such? houw much do you think i cud pick up front bumper,wings,side skirts and bk bumper?

VRS
well there are always front and rear bumpers on ebay and the occasional wings, and iirc subway sells replica 172 sideskirts which are supposed to be top notch, if not, matt black and his breakers should be able to sort parts out?

80MPG BEEZA
well ive found a front bumper and his close to me see how much he wants - how much does subway do these sideskirts for? and how much you wreckon for wings n bk bumper?

80MPG BEEZA
so put standard 1.2 bumpers on? ha wud be quite funny 15" alloys? votes please i may do this

FOR SALE!!!
mayb you could have 2-3 cm take out of the middle eg cut in half shave away few cms then put back to togther and then it will be few cm shorter so wont catch ? ? ?

80MPG BEEZA
mayb you could have 2-3 cm take out of the middle eg cut in half shave away few cms then put back to togther and then it will be few cm shorter so wont catch ? ? ?

the 2 body shops i have been to have already complained on how hard it is to just paint never mind cut in half and stick back together! lol

FOR SALE!!!

the 2 body shops i have been to have already complained on how hard it is to just paint never mind cut in half and stick back together! lol

lol fair play but only way you probbly going get it no catch on the bumps

80MPG BEEZA
tink i'm gonna try and put 172 kit on it just gotta locate the parts and sell my kit onto someone

80MPG BEEZA
172 kit carbon splitter with my carbon bonnet and some 1.2 badges seem the way, anyone want to swap wheels i have some brand spanking new bk racing 333's think they are looking for some turinis or something

80MPG BEEZA
right if i'm gonna put a 172 kit on what size wheels would be best? 15's or 16's? thinking about getting some anthracite turinis

www.renparts.co.uk
the 1.2 kit would be better..
have you still got ur original bumpers etc? if so fit those while your getting a 172 kit together at a decent price... It would be so much fun with 1.2 badges and kit... u could have some right fun with saxo's etc :p

80MPG BEEZA
nah i crashed the car with original bumpers on and 1.2 engine in so i just threw the bumpers away and front one was in about 6 pieces and bk one was scratched to hell, gotta go the 172 way gf's saying wud be a waste if i went bk to the dynamiqe look with all the money i've spent, i can sell my kit i have on now just have to source 172 parts ugh its a right pain in the ass, any sudjestions for wheels size?

www.renparts.co.uk
nah i crashed the car with original bumpers on and 1.2 engine in so i just threw the bumpers away and front one was in about 6 pieces and bk one was scratched to hell, gotta go the 172 way gf's saying wud be a waste if i went bk to the dynamiqe look with all the money i've spent, i can sell my kit i have on now just have to source 172 parts ugh its a right pain in the ass, any sudjestions for wheels size?

in that case lower it to the ground on some 15'' wheels... speedline chronos... or the ones HAS has got on his car... they look the doggs!