ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front left abs sensor error, brand new bosch sensor

Only thing I can see is that the sensor has gone into the hub a few degrees offset and the bolt doesnt line up, I remember when I put the sensor in some months ago and trying to twist it to line up but it didnt move, I left it as its not going anywhere.... Could this be the problem? Its a tiny amount. Abs ring looks fine, shaft was new in the last couple years.

Only abs module connected for speedo purposes.

IMG_1708.JPG

Is that a non-cup driveshaft in a cup-packed hub by any chance?

The cup ABS rings are about 5mm wider.

It could be. However the drivers side driveshaft has the same size ring and its not coming up with an error. I havnt had a proper look at the area the sensor is over the ring on that side yet. Ive ordered another multi meter to test the sensor as my chinese one broke.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Tbh it says circuit on the fault which would indicate it's a wiring or sensor problem.

I'm sure it says something else when it's an abs ring issue 🤔

The connector is getting 12v so wiring is ok. It could be the sensor, I spun the wheel and the meter didnt show any voltage. Im going to check the other side just for reference.

You can move the ring with a hammer and chisel

Can give this a go but because n/s driveshaft its a bit of a pain, If I have no other choice then so be it.

I have a couple of spare sensors to try out to see if the position of the ring is whats causing the problem.

Hooked up another sensor that I mocked into a better position, fault went out. Lights still on dash, so hooked up the pressure sensor, went from red to flashing orange that I cleared. Lights still on dash. Can someone tell me that you cant have the abs module only for speedo purposes and the lights will come on the dash without the pump in? Because the only person I know who did this never replied when I asked them months ago.

Bolted the pump up to the module and cleared faults in clip which has removed dash lights. I was under the assumption you didnt need the pump but you do.