ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front left wheel/suspension knocking

Fiesta ST-3
Right.... ive had my car fairly low a while now, i just wound the coilies down a little for fcs on sunday and now when i am either accelerating or braking its fine but when i am in gear just letting it roll there is a knocking sound from the front left. Sounds like its just part of the tyre catching on something but i fear it could be worse!? Just had a look and it looks like theres some CV grease on the back of my wheel... what could be the issue? and is it safe to drive to FCS!? what u reckon. Cheers

"Navy" N17 TWO
Double-check your nuts!

No pun intended lol, this happened me after getting tyres on once (in a "tyre safety depot")

As they had buzzed the nuts on, 2 of them were cross-threaded and weren't in tight enough (by about 2mm)
wasn't much but at over 30mph it was like the bloody train to Dublin!

Drove into a mechanic's and the 2 nuts that were in wrong broke in the hub, leaving him having to re-thread my hub - awesome fun :)