ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front LHS Creaking / Knocking

Renault Clio 172 Sport
I recently had my Phase 2 172 serviced and on the service they noticed the front left hand side CV Boot had a missing clip. They re-greased it up and sealed the boot again with a clip. However since ive had the car ive noticed a creaking / knocking coming from this side. Its when you steer to the right sometimes standing still, initial acceleration from stop to start. Its only a couple of knocks per pull off but its getting worse i would say.
Do you think the CV joint has drawn dry whilst the CV boot has been loose and its fecked?
Or would it be as simple as the Ball Joint?
Bearing in mind that they replaced the Ball Joint on the front left on the service cause they noticed that was on its way out, i suppose if it was the front left on its way they would have noticed it then? and thus would point to the CV Joint?
Thanks,
Chris