ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front pad coverage

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I recently fitted new genuine renault front discs and pads which are loads better, but 2 queries,

1, the old pads had a thin metal backing glued to them that i couldn;t remove, one side of each brake said piston, the new pads didn't have these on, should they have? I didn't transfer them!

2, coverage on the new pads doesn't seem as good, I can see where the discs are starting to wear, and there's about 1 cm closest to the hub that doesn't seem to be wearing the same, could they be the wrong pads? the old ones covered the disc totally!

the backing plate just sounds like an anti-rattle shim - you can't usually re-use them but can get new self adhesive ones, or try using copper grease

does sound as though you may have the wrong pads if they're a centimetre swallower, though

ed. but you say they're genuine Renault? may be post the part numbers up to see if anyone can confirm for you

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I copper greased them so thats no probs, I threw away the box though, will the part number be on the pads?

'02 Monaco Blue 172
got them off the bay, not sure if i'll be able to track down part number without taking wheel off! should I email the guy I got them from?

the old one's def had better covergare though cause i've got a pic!

i'd go by the part numbers on the back of the pads (if they're printed on them - going to have to take one out to check)

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I have a part number for the pads that are on the front, can anyone confirm what the part number is supposed to be for 172 front pads?