ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Passenger Seat Airbag

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Hi.

Just slid into a kerb on way home from work. The passenger seat airbag has gone off and destroyed the seat. Doesn't look like there has been any other damage.

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it is likely to cost to get fixed? New Seat?

Thanks

Yozza'd Titanium 182
hiya mate, i did something simular to mine.

Best thing to do (trust me i tried everything) is to get a new seat. But as i found out your problems don't stop there.

Your pretentioner will probs have blow, you notice the plastic on your seatbelt bit to be goosed, also your airbag and service light may be on, your gonna have to pay to get that reset, thats what im working on now.

hows the wheel / tyre?

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Yer the airbag and service lights are on, no damage to the tyre that i can see but alloys have been scuffed.

How much do you think it will cost then?

Ta

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
Just realised the sterring is broken as well. The front drivers side wheel is moving forwards and backwards and sometimes hitting the wheel arch.

What could this be?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
you have done exactly what i did! steering wheel croocked by any chance? i snapped my ball joint do not drive the car!

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
yer it is a bit. its meant to be getting recovered tomorrow. How much did it cost you to get it fixed?

not really bothered about the seat anymore just want the steering fixed

Clio 1.2 Billabong 53
thanks,

im going to wait to see how much its going to cost me to fix the steering before i start to worry about the passenger seat. should find out tomorrow.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
exactly the same litrally identical... telling u m8 biggest pain in the arse... nice feeling wen its bk to how it was

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
i done the exact same, i think my wishbone needs done. i hut a small pot hole and my air bag exploded on my gf. was quite funny but its a pain in the arse. can i get my seat repaired so i have matchin interior or do i have to get a full new seat?