ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front speakers crossover question

clio / mondeo 2.2
its been a while seen I fitted any speakers to any car but the fronts on my clio are just gash! lol

if I wanted to fit components up front, do I forget the new tweeters and just reuse the renault ones or fit the lot? which leads me to my next question where do the speaker cables to the tweeter run from? does the cable come from the headunit on to the main speaker and then on back to the tweeter?? i take it the renault crossover will just be a tiny little inline thing so you cant really see it or built into the main speaker.

I'm probably going to go with JBL GTO6508c's as i can get them pretty cheap and ive had JBL in a few of my previous motors and I've always been pleased with them

I've purchased a
pioneer deh 7300bt head unit as I wanted something with bluetooth, nothing wrong with my caboose system just want the hands free! I take it my renault multichanger will not be a pioneer?!! lol, I shall crawl under my seat! lol

any help much appreciated, apologies if there has already been 100 other threads on this subject but the search option is not working correctly at all (can only see the first page of results, no matter what I search for there are always 301 search results but can only ever see page 1 any other page number just gives an error message!)

clio / mondeo 2.2
ok so I have done some research online and have found out that the wiring to my standard stereo is completely different due to it being a cabasse system, ARSE!!

does anyone have access to tthe wireing diagrams available for the clio variants, im fine chopping and soldering wires up but need to know what does what, I assume that by changing to an after market unit I will lose the display up top and also wont have use of the steering wheel controls, this leaves me thinking that all I need to hunt down wire wise would be my permanent and accessory lives and earth, my stereo lighting (if its there and required for the new unit)

I'm also led to beleive that the speakers have amps in line to them, this then causes me a problem with fitting my speakers leaving me thinking that i will be better running all my own wires from the head unit to the speakers..... but then if thats the case.... I might as well amp my speakers and run wires from the amps to the speakers......

jesus, this is turning into a right nightmare

anyone else been in this position??

cabasse auditorium tronic or just cabasse? the latter needs nothing, the first doesnt need you to chop at all

clio / mondeo 2.2
not to sure i understand your answer... the cabasse is just plug and play ( i think thats what you mean) but the cabasse auditorium doesnt need chopping?! (so does that mean that is also just plug and play??) or do you mean that a few wires just need moving in the blocks at the rear of the HU?

can you pm me a price on the JBL's ive mentioned above? and maybe something also for the rears?

Thanks

clio / mondeo 2.2
oh sorry, i take it the front of the stereo will have either cabasse auditorium or just cabasse written on it to show what it is? or do i need to leaf through the provided literature to discover whats what?! thanks for your help

Your main unit will be under either the driver or passenger seat-normally driver seat. You will need to disconnect the unit and use extension leads to run to the stereo location and then its all plug and play

clio / mondeo 2.2
just out of curiosity what do you mean by 'main unit'?? ive been out there and had a look, ive got a renault Alpine cd changer under my passenger seat and thats it, lifted the carpets but cant see anything else down there?

clio / mondeo 2.2
ive taken the stereo out this afternoon, it is just plug and play straight into the pioneer ive brought, though i may need to swap the permanent and accessory live around, other than that im good to go, shortly up for sale then will be a cabasse head unit, renault alpine changer and all associated wiring lol!!

now to sort some speakers out!! lol