ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I know its been covered before & i have had a look about but,I want to replace the front speakers in my cup.
Just would like some advice on what to look for when looking at speakers,i would say my budget would be £50 tops!.
What would suit going with the front tweeters i would say,i prob wont replace them.
I have a aftermarket Kenwood headunit & it's pretty new with the DAB etc.

Listerine & Poledo
Pointless at that price point.
Find another £50, put a little sub under your seat and use filters on the headunit to stop bass to the speakers.

Listerine & Poledo
I don't want a Sub tho mate.
Fair enough. But unless you're pouring the better part of £200 into your front speakers and amp, you're not going to notice any real improvement.

Indeed, just fiddling with the settings on your headunit will yield greater results, and costs you £0.00

But, just so we're talking about the same things....THIS is the kind of sub I'm talking about, not a boot-filling WUBWUBWUBWUWBUBWUBWUWUUWUWB embarrassment-tube.

You wouldn't know it's even in the car until you turn it on, and weighs pretty much sod all... in case that's your concern.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@good So you plug that into the can of the head unit, then just turn down the bass on the speakers, so they have more oomph and less stress?

That simple, plug and play?

Listerine & Poledo
@good So you plug that into the can of the head unit, then just turn down the bass on the speakers, so they have more oomph and less stress?

Basically, yes.

Let the door speakers and the headunits 4x50w deal with the mids/highs, let the "sub" (it's really more a "mid-bass" woofer than a "sub") deal with the lows it's made for.

Cheaper, more effective and more easily reversible than pouring money into the doors

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Absolutely. HPF/LPF cuts the low stuff to the door speakers.

10cm paper cones in the wobbly door really don't a good job at moving the air effectively.

I had stock fronts and a cheap sub in the boot of my Clio - I'm more than your average audiophile and I couldn't fault it :up:

Listerine & Poledo
Thanks mate,I will have to have a look into those sub.just dont fancy a massive sub in the boot taking up space etc.
Totally understandable.
Using the wasted space under your seats is the way forward.

Hell, if one isn't enough, you can always get 2 and put under each seat :wink:

And yes, "Active" sub means the amp is already in the box, you just need to run power, switched power and RCA's to it.

@TheEvilGiraffe 13hm H'actully ;)
But yeah, the stock cones aren't tragic at all. :up: