ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front splitter removal

IW365

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup 2002
Hi all,

I'm replacing my original 172 cup front splitter with a fabia one and I need to remove the remnants of the old one. What's the best way to remove the existing rivets which hold it on?

Cheers
Ian

IW365

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup 2002
Hi all,

I'm replacing my original 172 cup front splitter with a fabia one and I need to remove the remnants of the old one. What's the best way to remove the existing rivets which hold it on?

Cheers
Ian

All sorted 👍 drilled them out

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Just seen this- you fancy posting up a pic of your new one, saying what Fabia part/year/model it is
Am interested in getting rid of my rotten one

IW365

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup 2002
Just seen this- you fancy posting up a pic of your new one, saying what Fabia part/year/model it is
Am interested in getting rid of my rotten one

Hi Chris,

20201130_185643.jpg

It's a Fabia one one, dont know the year I'm afraid. Part number is 5J08070619B9. I paid £16.67 from the my local Skoda dealer.

As I'm sure others have mentioned on the forums it is too long. If you start in the middle you'll have about 1-2 inches over each side but it cuts very easily with a sharp Stanley knife.

I've not done a great job of fitting it, but it's much better than the smashed up one it replaced.

Hope that helps.

Ian