ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front splitter...?

Renault Clio 172
really blimey, how easy are they 2 fit, im just wondering if the carbon fibre one will go with the rest of the car....?

200 Gordini
Only thing thats stopping me from getting one is that the CF ones doesn't reach to the arches.

I'd like to know why TBH

Renault Clio 172
they dont reach the arches??? do they stop short then :S ?

fletcher did u go for the matt one or the shiny one?

cheers

Iceberg 172
I have a ktec CF splitter on my iceberg 172, i think it looks pretty good.

Me too. Yeah, it's not quite flush - ½inch short maybe but you never notice once it's on after a couple of weeks when you stop admiring it every time you walk past........ :D

There are some close-up pics on here somewhere of the side view shortness.....

And the shiny one's not that shiny, especially in this weather!

Renault Clio 172
i reckon i mite just get the carbon splitter from k-tec, what do you lot think about spraying the carbon splitter a matt black...? to match the matt finish grill and fog light surounds on the 172...??

cheers people

Renault Clio 172
rite people, i bought a carbon fibre splitter from ktec this morning, dont want 2 sound stupid but how do i go about fitting it? do i screw the screws through the spliiter and in to the bumper?? what are the cut outs for in the splitter?

Black Gold Trophy
^yeah that's right, I used rivets to fit mine, but self tapping srews are probably just as good. Best way (if you're doing it on your own) is take the bumper off, put it upside down, tape the splitter in place and drill holes and fit screws.
That's just my opinion, a mate of mine bought a k-tec splitter recently and the fit was god awful, didnt reach the ends of the bumper properly at all!