ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wheel sensor

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Probably a daft question but is there supposed to be a sensor on both front wheels struts. Also, for the front shock. If cup shocks are is the 60mm bolt centre to centre?$

No fault light on the dash

Thanks.

IMG_8208.JPG
IMG_8212.JPG

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Thanks. This cars starting to make my head hurt. another thing i need to sort out.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Theres a lot of thread showing on that drive shaft! Has your car been parked up for quite some time?

Hi, yeah. The guy i got it off had it MOT'd Jan this year at 117.8k. Previous MOT was Dec 16 at 113.8k. so 4k in just over 3 years. All the tyres on it are cracked, old, no tread so def swapped them for a different set for its MOT.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
No on the stub of the drive shaft
ah ok. i'll be totally honest if you've not guessed already. I don't know a lot about cars. the front end spacing does seem quite narrow and i think it has camber adjusting bolts in the top hole of the strut. its sitting pretty low. I've got a full set of eibach 30mm springs.

What made you ask if its been sat for a while?

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
should have said. eibach springs to go on. the red ones are coming off.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Looks pretty corroded , most of it you'll probably be replacing like discs, shocks and springs I'd imagine

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Looks pretty corroded , most of it you'll probably be replacing like discs, shocks and springs I'd imagine
yeah thats the plan which is gonna be learning curve for me. @midge is helping me out with the ABS sensor and some other bits. Going to replace the springs (got eibachs), shocks, top mounts, discs, pads then get it to a garage to check tracking and alignments etc. May out spacers on the fronts (just took some off the back).

for brakes do you recommend OEM or Brembo or another. rear discs i'll go oem.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
yeah thats the plan which is gonna be learning curve for me. @midge is helping me out with the ABS sensor and some other bits. Going to replace the springs (got eibachs), shocks, top mounts, discs, pads then get it to a garage to check tracking and alignments etc. May out spacers on the fronts (just took some off the back).

Brakes I'd use @George@RTR_Parts

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota

Brembo fronts do the job and are significantly better value for money than the OEM branded ones. However the rear Renault OEM discs have the abs ring attached which makes them simpler and more cost effective to fit. Thats the most popular set we sell.

We also can help with all the parts you need suspension wise. We also have a reward point scheme which saves our regular customers a good chunk of cash overall.

Kev.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
That's why, they normally have a nut like the one in the lower photo