ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W50 in track car

Clio 182
As above. Standard engine. Would there be any benefit in using the 10w50 over their 5w40. Will be giving the engine a lot of stick on track and only road driving it will do is to and from the track.

Thanks

Clio 182
Cool thanks for the reply. So if both are the same price would you use 5w40 over the 10w50 in a pure track car

Clio 182
No nothing like that, not even had it on track yet. Just prepping it ready Nd want go do another oil change before my first one in this car. So 10w50 would be needed but at the same time no downsides if it's always allowed to warm up well first

Clio 182
Just to bring this post back to life....
I have been using Fuchs 5w40 as above and all good. I now have throttle bodies on my car and planning to do Castle Combe next Saturday. With the weather set to be nearing 30 degrees do you think the 10w50 may now be a sensible choice?

Thanks in advance

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have been using Fuchs 5w40 as above and all good. I now have throttle bodies on my car and planning to do Castle Combe next Saturday. With the weather set to be nearing 30 degrees do you think the 10w50 may now be a sensible choice?

Thanks in advance
Do you have an oil pressure and oil temperature gauge? It’s the only way to make an informed sensible decision.

Mine was mapped on the hottest day of the year a couple of years back without issue on 5/40. Max oil temps were 121 degrees on track under maximum attack. 121 degrees is perfectly fine as it boils off the moisture that accumulates in the engine oil from the constant heating/cooling cycle.

For reference it was the same oil that was running in mine as you’re running mate.

Clio 182
Hi and thanks for the reply.
No I do not have an oil temp or pressure gauge so no way to tell. Would it be a case that it's only going to be of a benefit to run 10w50 on such a hot day and with the extra bit of power. I'm very hard on the car while on track but will only be doing 15 minute stints.

Adam

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi and thanks for the reply.
No I do not have an oil temp or pressure gauge so no way to tell. Would it be a case that it's only going to be of a benefit to run 10w50 on such a hot day and with the extra bit of power. I'm very hard on the car while on track but will only be doing 15 minute stints.

Adam
Personally I don’t think you’ll have any need to change at 15 minute stints. Does it have an oil cooler?

Clio 197

Thanks in advance
Out of curiosity where are you buying it from? I know that you used to be able to get a 6 litres for a good price but nobody offers that anymore.

Clio 182
Opie I expect. Your right, shame you can't get 5l and an additional 1l.

I have been thinking about an oil cooler, will also look into getting some temp and pressure gauges as well