ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FUEL COMPUTER

Peddled device

When the fuel on my Cup gets low and the low fuel light comes on the range goes blank after a few miles. Is this what should happen?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 20 April 2004
Yes, the computer gives up predicting your remaining mileage when the light comes on.

Not exactly when the light comes on.. but around the same time ;)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

It gives up predicting because Renault dont want to be blamed if you push the limit and run out even though it says you could still travel a certain distance.

My computer generally shows the fuel light when I have around 60km (37mi) showing on the trip computer.

Ive actually tested this, and driven 60km and still not filled up to 50l (filled up to 48l)

If youd like to know with reasonable accuracy how much fuel you have in the tank, try this little trick.

before you start your car, hold down the trip computer button and then turn the key to II.

Your speedo, rev, fuel and water temp guauges will be moving around, and youll notice your computer read-out is filled with all sorts of figures.

Press your trip computer button once (or twice, not sure) and it will display a number...

The number is how many litres (or gallons) you have in the tank.

Ive also noticed that this number never shows less than 4 litres (dunno how many gallons that is).

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 20 April 2004

The number is how many litres (or gallons) you have in the tank.
I wonder how accurate that is!

By the way, anyone know how to change the computer from gallons+miles to kms+litres?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Think the reserve is a gallon on the majority of cars, so you should be safe for 25 miles or so once the light comes on. I wouldnt trust the computer once your into reserve

ph1 19 16v, ph1 172

Quote: Originally posted by matt the cat on 20 April 2004

Not really good practice to run this low anyhow, can cause sedatives to be dragged into fuel line etc.

:(
dont want that, your car might sh*t itself :)

sediments?

doesnt the fuel line come from the bottom of the tank anyhow.... so shouldnt matter about running low and the seditives causing problems!?