ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel gage problem ??

clio 172
hi guys ive owned my clio for about a month now when i fill up needle moves up my trip comp says how many miles i have left until the next fill but when it hits 40 miles my fuel light comes on needle is in red and then my trip shows - - - -
Is this normal or is they a reserve if so how many miles can you drive on when this happens has i start thinking am i going to run out of fuel before i hit the next petrol station just strange one minute its 40 miles then nothing on the trip ive searched my book i got with the car but it says nothing ou
i wasnt sure if it was a float problem
any advice would help and thankyou in advance :)

clio 197, 1992 mini
hi guys ive owned my clio for about a month now when i fill up needle moves up my trip comp says how many miles i have left until the next fill but when it hits 40 miles my fuel light comes on needle is in red and then my trip shows - - - -
Is this normal or is they a reserve if so how many miles can you drive on when this happens has i start thinking am i going to run out of fuel before i hit the next petrol station just strange one minute its 40 miles then nothing on the trip ive searched my book i got with the car but it says nothing ou
i wasnt sure if it was a float problem
any advice would help and thankyou in advance :)

mine does exactly the same

clio 172
so how many miles do you have left when fuel lights comes on and then trip goes from 40 miles to ---- any idea please ? just dunna want to be out of fuel :)

1eight2
They all do that, I usually drive about 20 miles in the red before filling up. Wouldn't want to risk anymore...