ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel light problems and low mpg

AB Clio 182 FF
So i seem to be havin a few problems
1. the fuel light seems to come on and go off , e.g last night when i got home the fuel light was on and it would not display how many miles i had left , this mornin i got back in the car , the fuel light was off and it was displaying 50 miles left , it was not parked on a hill or anything like that , sometimes the needle can be all the way in the red and the petrol light won't come on then after parking up and going back later the needle will have risen to the first notch lol Any suggestions?

2. the Mpg seems to be really low 23 mpg ,(and thats not really racing around at all) the only mods on the car is a panel filter and a scorpion centre pipe and backbox, i do have the dephaser pulley problem that i need to get fixed but wouldnt of thought that would affect the mpg by that much, i used to have a scorpion decat but removed it last month for mot , i was getting better mpg with that on there 26-27mpg which makes no sense .
When i removed the decat an put the standard cat back on , i had a few problems where the engine management light came on and it was to do with 1 of the lambda sensors (post cat so my diagnostics machine said ) i swapped the pre-cat with the post cat and erased the error code and management light , It came BACK ON :( so then i jus swapped them back over again and then reset codes and light again . SInce then it has never come back on , so im confused lol ,

Sorry for the long post lol any help would be appreciated thanks to any1 who takes the time to read all this haha

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
1. Welcome to renault/french car ownership. ALL of my 172's do this - even my old A8 did it, but what has that got to do with it. Possibly fuel sender but I think its just because Pierre and his cronies made it - in France they drink (I mean drink) on their lunch break, then build cars and stuff in the afternoon.
2. Fix the dephaser and see how you go - whilst you're there mention the mpg issue - Fred @ BTM?

AB Clio 182 FF
1. Welcome to renault/french car ownership. ALL of my 172's do this - even my old A8 did it, but what has that got to do with it. Possibly fuel sender but I think its just because Pierre and his cronies made it - in France they drink (I mean drink) on their lunch break, then build cars and stuff in the afternoon.
2. Fix the dephaser and see how you go - whilst you're there mention the mpg issue - Fred @ BTM?

lmao , yeh i will give it a mention mate

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ross,

I've just had a 182 in this week with a similar MPG related issue (amoungst others) and it needed a new CTS as the temp was reporting an unstable 71 - 92 degrees when it was physically in the low 80's. New sensor and the owner is now reporting 35-36mpg with normal driving. If you bring it in i'll stick it on the CLIP and confirm this for you as it could also be an H02 issue.

Fuel gauges are pretty unreliable when they get below the first quarter. The "distance until empty" also becomes unreliable as it goes off the number or liters left in the tank. Also, when the remaining distance drops below 40-50miles in nearly all Renaults it displays "- - - -" or "0miles" as the system is unreliable so scares you in to filling up.

Mick