ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel questions....

...having just bought a cup, was wondering how much it costs people to fill the tank (on average) and how many miles they get out of it... Thanks!

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 14 July 2004Well on the 172 the most Ive put in was £42, and best Ive got out of it was 320 miles.

Is that £42 or 42 litres. Just £42 (say 85p a litre) is alot of fuel when most owners struggle to get more than 44 litres into the car.

Err £42 like I said, had literally rung the very last drop out by doing nearly 30 miles with the fuel light on.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by scondog on 14 July 2004
...having just bought a cup, was wondering how much it costs people to fill the tank (on average) and how many miles they get out of it... Thanks!

Anyway in answer to the original question you will just about get 45 litres of petrol into the tank. As for price this obviously depends what fuel you use and where you live.

Had about an eigth of the tank left (according to dash dial) and put £25 of optimax in and this took it to over the max on the dial. Have subsequently done about 170miles of mainly motorway/dual carriage way and have about a quarter tank left..... reckon the tank capacity is pretty small. If anyone knows, please advise.... cheers

172 Cup

"Official" capacity is 50 litres.

Remember the guage is not a linear representation of the fuel tank. 3/4 on the guage doesnt necessarily mean you have used a quarter of a tank.

We worked it out to be 47 ltrs of fuel @ 89p a litr so I had 3 left in the tank does that help justify my statement of fact? :cry:

Best Ive had is around the 300mile mark and the worst is around 180-200miles!:eek: dont ask Im trying to forget about that fill up!

Must put a block under the right pedal see if I can up the MPG, I start out very well behaved. Maybe 45 even seen 49 mpg for the first couple of miles home, then it all goes tits up, i start banging on the loud button and the needle goes round faster than the fappin wheels!

If you do an instrument test thing (hold in computer button while turning on the ignition) and press the comp button again (after the beep) it tells you how many litres you have left in the system.

I was about to fill up the other day and it was saying 1ltr remaining, I brimmed the fella till it clicked then squeezed another chubbies worth in, was about 47 ltrs I think, did another test and apparently I had 51 ltrs onboard!:confused:

Another example of renault quality!;)

Just filled up tonight and squeezed 45litres of go-go juice in ther tank. Id done 319miles using 8.9gallons according to the comp.

think that worked out to be about 36 to the gallon.

Was quite inpressed as ive not done any long runs and usually stay at 80mph

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 15 July 2004

Just filled up tonight and squeezed 45litres of go-go juice in ther tank. Id done 319miles using 8.9gallons according to the comp.

45 litres is ~ten gallons, so you only managed ~32mpg.

Sorry!

Ford Fiesta

now its done 1200 miles i am using more of the rev range, got the gear change light on today first time in second, I think it comes on too late basically when you hit the limiter, so its not "optimum change light".

anyway filled up again optimax £35.50 84.9PPL got £301 miles out of tank, as you can see now getting less than beofore works out about 31MPG.

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 15 July 2004

Sorry!

Damn those dodgey Ren comps, still 32 isnt that bad.

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 15 July 2004

Sorry!

Damn those dodgey Ren comps, still 32 isnt that bad.

Mine quoted a laughable 54.6mpg once.....but best Ive manage is 39mpg. Have logged all my petrol since getting my 172.