ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel rail guard

Car  BG 182 FF
mine has snapped off is it needed on car or can i leave it off iff not where abouts can i get the screws from as both have snapped clean off
 
Its held on by 2 nuts, the bolts iirc correctly screw into your bottom inlet, you dont really need it on tbh so you could just leave it off
 
i was driving along and heard a clunk and thought oh s**t man

i was on way to get mot done too and the garage said "oh we found this in your engine bay just loose do you know what it is off?"

anyway i want to put it back on im just wanting to know where i can get the bolts from
 
it had rattled loose before and i had to tighten it and this time both the bolts have just snapped clean off
 
thats what happened to mine, sounded like all the videos showind dephaser problems.

I couldnt get the bits from anywhere other then Renault, I am collecting them on Monday so can give you part number when I have it
 
thats what happened to mine, sounded like all the videos showind dephaser problems.

I couldnt get the bits from anywhere other then Renault, I am collecting them on Monday so can give you part number when I have it


how much is it gonna be costing you and are you just buying the bolts or the full guard
 
I am just getting the 2 bolts and the nuts to hold on the fuel rail guard heatshield. i dont remember what they quoted think it was 3 or 4 quid each. but i'll post part no and price i paid on monday
 
One of mine snapped right of. Never put it back again.

Buy a JMS RS2 intake and you wount need it ;) :P
 
Yeah, it's really common for the fixings to shear. Mine's had two sets now! lol.

I think it was down to my shafted engine mount causing vibration though. It's not done it since I bought a new set of mounts.
 
Seems to be common enough. Just found out today that my 182's fuel rail guard had loosened up to the point that it is now only barely hanging on to the rest of the engine. It was rattling as hell when I started her up. Only heard it because I had the bonnet open. Lucky I did, or the guard would have probably soon ended up by the side of the road somewhere. :D

Can anyone tell me the size of the nuts holding the guard in place? They are in a quite a tight spot so cannot measure them myself. Would be helpful to use a correct size ratchet from the start.

Cheers
 
After a bit of forum archeology it seems that the nuts are 10mm. Only problem is, that I seem to have one missing. No worries though, MOT is only tomorrow. :dead:
 
Back
Top