ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Rail Swap, Test Drive Fine..Now Won't Start

182 clio
yeah took it to my local refurb place that does starters and alts.
was going to do it myself but would have cost 60 for diod regulator etc.
so 20quid extra for them to do it an guaranteed was a no brainer.

If its just the brushes on your alt it can be done on the car with abit of fiddling.

here's a link

182 clio
yeah my local refurb place.
It was going to cost me 60 to replace diod regulator an they charge 80 so was a no brainer to let them do it for extra 20 an there work is guaranteed.

If it's just the brushes on your alt they are only about 4quid to replace here's a link.

This can be done on the car with a bit of fiddling.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
first message only appeared after posting my second ?

Or perhaps forgot to go to next page ?
Haha. Dont worry! This forum seems to argue with my phone occasionally so I'm forever posing 2 comments lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the refurb. I'm gonna get the garage to do this one. As much fun as it sounds replacing them lol.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
No tensioner or belt change as they were both done only 3 months ago luckily.

Not certain but I specified a genuine part so it should be. I'll check the invoice. It's a garage I use all the time for business vehicles too so they're trustworthy
Take it they won't be replacing tensioner or belt at that price. Plus it will be a no name alt refurb imo