ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel tank problems

renault clio 1.5dci
Just wondering if I could have some advice on my partner's mk4 diesel tank, she's noticed that the fuel tank underneath the car is two different colours almost like part of the tank is dusty. If someone could shed some light on this or help me solve it it would be greatly appreciated
received_238143624638302.jpeg

Clio Sport
I'm in the process of cleaning/protecting under the car my tank is the same..mine looks like Renault were trying to save money and only coated half the tank,wish they never bothered cause it a nightmare to get off..

Clio Sport
Maybe they didn't coat the tank and mine is 16 years of road dirt,.i found farmer's field under the front wheel arch linings...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Surely if there was a leak it would have a drip and a puddle on the ground which there is none of
You'd think there would be a small puddle. It does look wet though. The only way you'll know is to stick your had on the patch and have a sniff.

renault clio 1.5dci
She is keeping an eye on it and has done that few times, she has said it does smell like diesel but surely some smell could from residual fuel

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
She is keeping an eye on it and has done that few times, she has said it does smell like diesel but surely some smell could from residual fuel
So you haven't tried to stick your hand under and touch it to see if it is leaking diesel? It'll take you 1 minute to check.
It'll fail its mot if its spotted when they test it.
I'd be looking to fix it sooner rather later.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Theres a short length of flexible rubber pipe connecting the filler neck to the tank, on my 172 thr jubilee type clips had rusted and become loose to the point of petrol running tho that exact area.

BG 182FF
Just wondering if I could have some advice on my partner's mk4 diesel tank, she's noticed that the fuel tank underneath the car is two different colours almost like part of the tank is dusty. If someone could shed some light on this or help me solve it it would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 1522169
Has it had a fuel filter change and thats just the residue thats been wiped off the tank.