ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Through

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

SHOULD I GET A FULL THROUGH?

or a back box or nothing? in the interests of insurance, how will it be effected with either. I know that a full through will give me more power, but if it increases the insurance by more than £50-80 then i may aswell get a backbox...

can someone lay down the pros and cons for me plz!

-phil

hmmm, im wit zurich international. already got a K&N on there, just aint got round to tellin them! im still sceptical tho, and ill find out first b4 i go ahead with the new exhaust!

-phil-

Im with adrian flux, havent told them about any of my mods other than alloys, also got exhaust system, filter, lowered, front bumper rear spoiler soon to have skirts and rear bumper.

Ive been in 2 accidents and theyve paid up both times no hassel, plus they are still giving me a low quote!

On such a small capacity engine you wont notice much of a gain with either system so its entirely up to you and your budget.

hmmmmmm, thing is, i dont want it sounding like a vauxhall nERva! full thru gives u that powerful sound, whereas some back boxes just sound like broken exhausts. decat wud be good, but isnt it illegal? i spose i cud just remove the exhaust completely from above the cat,- that wud sound good,..no?

-phil-

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 25 March 2004

hmmmmmm, thing is, i dont want it sounding like a vauxhall nERva! full thru gives u that powerful sound, whereas some back boxes just sound like broken exhausts. decat wud be good, but isnt it illegal? i spose i cud just remove the exhaust completely from above the cat,- that wud sound good,..no?

-phil-
err...no