ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funny braking and lights!

Hi, I have a 2001 ph2 172.

When Im driving it at steady speeds for a while the SERV and ABS lights come on. Now from search that should be a new brake pedal switch, is that right? When I turn the car off and then start again it goes away.

The problem is the pedal is sitting very low and anything more than light pressure brings on a slidy abs kicking type weird feeling. Even when you start the car the pedal is slighlty lower than it should be. If you brake hard it makes a funny noise and like ABS is kicking in. I thought it might be worn rear discs and pads or cracked ABS rear ring but changed them and I still have the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas. Also RST as said before doesnt read the codes :(.

clio 172
Hi, I have a 2001 ph2 172.

When Im driving it at steady speeds for a while the SERV and ABS lights come on. Now from search that should be a new brake pedal switch, is that right? When I turn the car off and then start again it goes away.

The problem is the pedal is sitting very low and anything more than light pressure brings on a slidy abs kicking type weird feeling. Even when you start the car the pedal is slighlty lower than it should be. If you brake hard it makes a funny noise and like ABS is kicking in. I thought it might be worn rear discs and pads or cracked ABS rear ring but changed them and I still have the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas. Also RST as said before doesnt read the codes :(.

does sound like breaks, fitted wrong by any chance? when i got my 172 some c**k fitted them and i had the same problem till i got it serviced and they told me.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I had similar, just put it down to the shocking weather we've had recently getting into the systems as it's only done it for the last 2 weeks (of daily, sorry not daily, persistant rain or snow) over 3 months of ownership and now things have dried up again the problem appears to have gone away.

My brakes had the same problem before and after new rear discs and pads. Mine has been doing it sun or rain.