ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming monitor differences/£££££.

A4 Avant & A3
I'm glad i'm not alone in this!
I went with https://www.box.co.uk/AOC-Gaming-24G2UBK-23.8-Full-HD-IPS-Fr_2766293.html
we looked at the 24" and 27" msi & the acer 27" but my lad quite liked the smaller one (luckily for me price wise!) I was always ruling out anything non IPS (not that I know anything about it!) but the MSI curved monitors they had on display in currys are TN I think and the image looked good (to me) from all angles, thought TN were not great from anything other than direct on?..

I chanced it & the AOC got delivered yesterday, I connected it up to his xbox while he was at school & the picture is brilliant, also put the firestick in & again that was fine, although as expected the built in speakers are dire!
It's his birthday today so was nice to see the smiles this morning.

I went with the 144hz screen in the end as he now wants to build a gaming pc (a budget one I must add!) so looks like that's the next thing.
Although looking briefly into that it seems to get over the xbox's 60fps it isn't going to be that cheap!..
I've not built a PC since 1998/9ish!

A4 Avant & A3
Well looks like it was money well spent. He's been on it since getting home from school with his little brother and cousin.
I can't see it, but he says it's way better than on the TV, his cousin now wants one too, much to my sister's disgust 😁

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Well looks like it was money well spent. He's been on it since getting home from school with his little brother and cousin.
I can't see it, but he says it's way better than on the TV, his cousin now wants one too, much to my sister's disgust 😁
Being honest mate, i drove myself nuts in the end, ended up with scabby eyes i looked that much, got some fantastic advice of the lads on here, and then ignored them all and bought something different...😂, as long as your lad is happy, job done.