ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage broke my splitter

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Not happy! car went in for an oil change today! at a good garage (that usually cares main dealer!!) i didnt know were to take it to! but i decided to take it to this place i have previously always been pleased with...even though its a bit of a drive! i get the car home - and see x2 cracks in the bloods splitter!

I no for a fact i havent done them! i am very very careful and always make sure i dont go anywere near kerbs! they tell me that the car went up on ramps that a 350z would be ok on!! i have forward them pics! and spoke to there service dept and manager! who has told me to forward me them pics and they will speak to me on Monday i have no faith in them paying up!! i dont like dealers at the best of times!!!!! i did the rest of the work myself just didnt want to change the oil!!

what do you think folks!! :( sad to see it broke!!!
DSCF0696.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Gutting, but why didn't you do the oil change? Easy peasy (unless your sump plug has been rounded off)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i did ring them as i say once and spoke to the service guy and then as he never range me back i spoke to the manager who has promised to get back to me!!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Gutting, but why didn't you do the oil change? Easy peasy (unless your sump plug has been rounded off)

+ i wanted a stamp! and wanted them to look over it for me! they tightened the hand brake up etc! :eek:

E92 M3
ya hear quite alot ov stories about the garage breaking cars you put ur trust in them they could do any thing

106 GTi
LOL @ paint it - works well at covering the rusty bits ;)

Not good - I remember watching the MOT test smack the door on my old one into the gas analyzer ....

Renault Clio S
Slightly off-topic so many apologies, it's sort of related and not really worth a thread on it's own.

I recently had a new electric window motor/relay installed at my local garage. After the work was carried out, the windows was making odd noises above 40MPH so I returned and asked if they would put it back together properly.

I made a note of the mileage before I returned it a second time and when I collected it the following day, 25 miles had been added to the clock. Now, I know that might go for a drive to check if the problem was solved but 25 miles? The radio was also tuned to another station, wing mirrors repositioned, driving position altered, etc.

Should I have complained? I think one of the mechanics probably took it home for the night.

renault clio cup 172
slightly off topic but where do you get those carbon fibre splitters. mines cracked too. also always a good idea to note the mileage once taking it to a garage..

Same happened to me, but I didn't notice till a couple of days later so couldn't prove it was them. I'll have to have a go at glueing it sometime or just get a new one.

slightly off topic but where do you get those carbon fibre splitters. mines cracked too. also always a good idea to note the mileage once taking it to a garage..

www.k-tecracing.com

CS members get a discount, put your membership details in the box when ordering... or better still ring them up.

They do a matt effect carbon splitter now, which looks miles better than the laquered one which will be covered in stone chips in no time.

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
Slightly off-topic so many apologies, it's sort of related and not really worth a thread on it's own.

I recently had a new electric window motor/relay installed at my local garage. After the work was carried out, the windows was making odd noises above 40MPH so I returned and asked if they would put it back together properly.

I made a note of the mileage before I returned it a second time and when I collected it the following day, 25 miles had been added to the clock. Now, I know that might go for a drive to check if the problem was solved but 25 miles? The radio was also tuned to another station, wing mirrors repositioned, driving position altered, etc.

Should I have complained? I think one of the mechanics probably took it home for the night.

YES! I always take my clock number just in case. I think you can expect a few miles but 25 miles is a pi@@ take! I would push for a full tank of petrol if I was you :)

Barge

SNAP. happened today to me as it so happens. had it in getting the passenger recaro fixed and some dubious buggers used an 8th of a tank lashing it about over 6 miles (basically a blast up the closest dually and back). now i know "6 miles" you say but tbh i drive this car everyday and i know that to drop a 8th of a tank you're doing some speed, especially as it was full when i dropped it off, and also happening to notice that the mpg had dropped from its usual 23(!!) to 20. ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

i also turned the radio back on to find some dire classical cd in there. which i promptly stormed back to the renault dealer to hand back... "this was in my car... it isn't mine. perhaps belongs to someone who's been in my car today? someone who's driven it?!" :nono:

Black 197
I took my car to Renault for a service a while back (RS 182), got a call saying it was ready so off i trotted, Got to the dealer and paid for the work. They said wait out the front someone will bring your car round. So there's me standing there waiting eagled eyes for my car to turn up and i find my drivers door caved in and blue paint all over it ! i said to the dude "WTF have you done to my car " He says "I dunno i didnt notice it" !! i looked over and "F" me sitting in the corner was a blue industrial wheely bin thing and a space where a car had been parked (been raining and a car sized dry spot)... Well it dont take a genius to work out where my car had been parked.. So anyways goes into the dealer looking like i been chewing on a wasp and i let the manager have it... Walked out 10 mins later in safe knowledge that my car was getting repaired the next day, Got a courtesy car too ---- wait for it----- yup u guessed right 1.2 expression, I was like WTF but in the end it gone done and to a pukka standard but why do these people treat our cars like s**t ??

I saw this happen once, was pi55ing myself laughing at the guy.

Was washing it and there was a stone in the sponge because he dropped it, then just started washing the car with it, scraped the whole drivers door before he noticed what he did, he s**t himself and got his manager out who went off his nut.

The car was brand new and was sold. Owner coming to pick it up the next day lol.