ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz's Ph1 track project.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
So, myself and Danny braved the pissing rain this morning and finally got the car ready for the big lift tomorrow.

null-19.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-20.jpg

Driveshafts, gear linkage and dogbone to disconnect and it'll lift.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
I work away 5 days a week, I have a family, I have my own house, I have responsibilities... Etc etc etc.

I'm the same, but you seem to be progressing more with this than i am with the mk1, i've only collected a few parts lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I've done as much as I could possibly do with the small selection of tools/storage/time I have and done well to keep the missus happy at the same time.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
This is the main hold up on car projects I find! :banghead:
If my missus could drive, I'd be a free man. ;)

Thanks for your help today mate. Really appreciate your willingness to help and sharing your vast knowledge. You gave me an absolute bargain, too.

172 cup, Impreza P1
If my missus could drive, I'd be a free man. ;)

Thanks for your help today mate. Really appreciate your willingness to help and sharing your vast knowledge. You gave me an absolute bargain, too.

No bother at all and you did get a bargain but it'll be good to see it running on track again so make sure it does. The money saved can by some motul 300v 5w40 oil which is her favorite tipple!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Got the engine out today and exchanged it with Steven (Cupman29) for a 65k 172 Cup engine with brand new cambelt kit fitted and timed to perfection, this morning! I'm one happy boy! I'll be even happier when I get it in track!

Special mention to Danny_172 who has been helping me all weekend in the pissing rain. Few beer tokens have been earned for him.

Few pics:

null-24.jpg

null-25.jpg

sump being cleaned/transferred with a new sump gasket:

null-26.jpg

New engine getting some TLC by Steven:

null-27.jpg

The GTI-6 moved for the first time since its last track day in October '12:

null-28.jpg

Next weekend I'll concentrate on removing all the aircon stuff and degreasing/cleaning/painting the engine bay.