ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Box Oil (Silktran Syn 5)... How much?

Car  Ford Racing Puma
Hi guys

I need to change the gear box oil in my 182 - how much (litres) will I need?

Will 4 be enough, or should I get 5?

Cheers

Rob
 
yea 4 should be fine i think as you fill it up until it starts to drip out of the hole, where you going to change it as it's best to have it on a ramp, much easier to do then and it's level.
 
they take 3.5 plus you will spill some. The elf trj is specially designed for the JC5 i wouldnt use anything else
 
Ok, the car is tuned up and Opieoils (Oilman) plus a few others have recommended running fully synth oil to keep it sweet.

I'll go with 4 litres...

And I'm cheating too - my best mate is a mechanic so I can use their ramp / his help :O)
 
5 litres for the gear box oil?!

That sounds way too much, when I had my teg done it only need 1.7l
 
Back
Top